Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone get the Icy road warning light on their helper screen? It's listed in my manual, but I've never seen it... Living in Colorado I would assume it would work considering I'm below freezing 6 months out of the year. I've attached a picture of the icon from the manual snowflake.jpeg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
When you turn the key to on does that light illuminate?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have push to start, but I don't ever see that icon. It makes me assume that it's not equipped, yet I don't understand because I specd every option onto that car. I'm now at the point where I believe it was an oversight on the hybrid model...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
One question I have, particularly after reading about this light on the LF Sonata forums, do any of you really care you don't have it? Comments made on the LF Sonata forums say that the light is worthless, for the most part, that it doesn't tell you anything that you don't see simply by looking at the temperature reading. From comments on that forum it is solely based on if the temperature is below freezing -- below freezing the light comes on, above freezing it stays off.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can take it or leave it, I'm just making sure there's nothing wrong with a sensor or whatever.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If your vehicle is not equipped with an ambient sensor then it would not have that. Instead of putting your foot on the brake and starting the vehicle just push the button twice.. that enters it into accessory mode and the light should be blue.. check and see but yeah if your vehicle does not display the outside temperature.. if it doesnt then you dont have it and no worries!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Okay, its becoming clear to me that the hybrids do not have, regardless of the hybrid having all the sensors (ambient air, photoelectric, etc) the capability

1 - 9 of 9 Posts