Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

This morning after a cold and icy night I discover ice on the front window inside the car,are there more persons who's got that problem and what can I do to prevend this in the future.

All the best.
Dennis

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had this problem twice the other week. I did some research and discovered it was down to the inside of the windscreen being dirty. Tips I found out were to use white vinegar and newspaper to clean the inside of the screen. Also condensation from breathing is a major factor for the screen getting dirty so wind down your window a bit for the first five minutes of the journey and finally whack the heating on full blast for the last few miles of your journey to make sure there's no or little moisture inside the car. Haven't had the problem since following this advice.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the same problem, except ALL the interior glass is frozen. Mighty annoying at 7.30am! I've tried drying the interior of the car and even have started bringing in damp car mats to dry overnight. Still got the same issue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If you have wet mats in the car with all this snow then it will cause a lot more condensation inside. Take them out and let them dry off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife has a 3 month old i10 and complained that she has the same problem. I advised her to leave the AC on as well as the heater permanently - and the problem has gone away. :frozen:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

i have this problem and i keep the a/c on heat for at least and hour when i'm driving to work, it gets rid of the ice but all the water is still on the windows. any reason the a/c not removing the moisture?
thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
I only use my I10 for a short drive to work and then home again. I have found ice inside of my windscreen I now run the a/c for the last few mins and this has solved the problem

·
Registered
55 Posts
I found after replacing the pollen filter on our i10Style the misting up problems went away. I replaced ours at 10000 miles but Hyundai suggest replacing it at twice this distance. I was shocked at the state it was in and at first tried vaccuming it but that simply started to pull the fibers out of the filter! A new filter costs around £14-£15 from Hyundai and takes around 5 minutes to fit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (boeskool @ Dec 13 2010, 01:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379361
Hello,

This morning after a cold and icy night I discover ice on the front window inside the car,are there more persons who's got that problem and what can I do to prevend this in the future.

All the best.
Dennis

Hi I had massive build up of moisture inside the car, turned out the "boot well" was full of water, about 2", took to dealer and they found boot seals were never fitted, thus water filling up and an excess of moisture, please check you "Spare wheel well". Hope this may help?

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (nic mal @ Dec 22 2010, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=382359
Hi,

i have this problem and i keep the a/c on heat for at least and hour when i'm driving to work, it gets rid of the ice but all the water is still on the windows. any reason the a/c not removing the moisture?
thanks

Hi I had massive build up of moisture inside the car, turned out the "boot well" was full of water, about 2", took to dealer and they found boot seals were never fitted, thus water filling up and an excess of moisture, please check you "Spare wheel well". Hope this may help? Johngee

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (loobey @ Dec 20 2010, 12:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=381726
I have the same problem, except ALL the interior glass is frozen. Mighty annoying at 7.30am! I've tried drying the interior of the car and even have started bringing in damp car mats to dry overnight. Still got the same issue.

Hi I had massive build up of moisture inside the car, turned out the "boot well" was full of water, about 2", took to dealer and they found boot seals were never fitted, thus water filling up and an excess of moisture, please check you "Spare wheel well". Hope this may help? johngee

·
Registered
5 Posts
thank od im not the only one, ill give the vinegar and newspaper a try out! so **** annoying esp when your at work and the rest are simple driving away and your stuck wiping your window all the time :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts