Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
18,188 Posts
You don't mention what engine your car is fitted with. But if the engine has an IAC it really has to be located on the throttle body. This is the 1.4 petrol engine...

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
It's a 1.4L petrol, automatic g4fa I believe
That's the engine in the photo above. Later versions of the engine have an electric throttle valve though, where there is an electric motor rather than the black pulley that's shown in the photo. There is no IAC on an electric throttle body.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,595 Posts
That's the engine in the photo above. Later versions of the engine have an electric throttle valve though, where there is an electric motor rather than the black pulley that's shown in the photo. There is no IAC on an electric throttle body.
So the electric motor replaces the IAC??
Can it still be cleaned out or serviced??

·
Registered
18,188 Posts
So the electric motor replaces the IAC??
No, the electric motor replaces the throttle cable pulley, like I said in my previous post.

avisitor said:
Can it still be cleaned out or serviced??
An electric throttle body can be cleaned, just like a throttle with a bowden cable. But sometimes a electric throttle will need to be reset using a diagnostic scan tool after cleaning.

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,595 Posts
No, the electric motor replaces the throttle cable pulley, like I said in my previous post.

An electric throttle body can be cleaned, just like a throttle with a bowden cable. But sometimes a electric throttle will need to be reset using a diagnostic scan tool after cleaning.
Thanks. Good to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.