Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm converting a i800 to a camper. I want to remove the rear AC/Heating unit, but keep the cabin AC/heating in tact. Would anyone be able to advise me on this ?
ac.jpg

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
Your heat can be bypassed but the AC will need to be retrofitted as the system is setup for both.

Reactions: Pmd6r

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So can I just remove that whole unit ? I'll loose AC but heating will be ok. I live in a cold country so I can do without AC but not heat.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
That would be OK if you don't need AC.

Reactions: Pmd6r

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bypassed rear heat in a Kia sedona by cutting the pipes behind the engine bay and using a piece of hose to loop the feed. This was after the rear pipes split all over the place. Was fine. Aircon wise, I was told you could do the same using the same principle after the rear aircon unit failed, but I replaced the van first. Info was from an independent aircon company. Also the iload has the same system but no rear aircon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kept the over head part of the AC but removed the bottom part.
🤔Hi Could you Please tell me how you did that
as I’m trying to convert mine into a campervan and need to remove it to fit the bed in
But if I could remove just the bottom part I wouldn’t have to take it all out as long as the air-conditioning unit still works in the front cab👍

·
Registered
16 Posts

I havent removed the rear airconditioner (yet,maybe,not sure :) dont forget the vents goto the roof too.
I HAVE seen on youtube sometime ago, someone removing the WHOLE aircodition (but looks like I didnt bookmark :(
I did remove the under carpet plastics so I could level the floor (got rid of the plastic but kept the L bend for now.
if you google Newbie with Hyundai IMAX (Iload Starex) you'll find my IMAX gutting log (always the case you find info AFTER you need it, so thats why I logged mine :)
so far mines more a mix & match (like having the space to move thing, maybe setup for weekend camper, carry my monster ebike to go ride somewhere)

Also (after the fact) found on facebook
Hyundai I800/imax/H1/iload Owners Group
Van Life Australia (useful even if your not an aussie :)

Hope this helps
let me know how you go :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi
Thanks for coming back I don’t think I have any choice but to take the whole unit out🤔 will try and search for a better understanding of how to remove it correctly
Will keep you updated
Many Thanks 😎👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm searching for that vid where they removed the rear AC.
I know its out there, but like everything, its finding it again (I want it too just incase :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
i'm searching for that vid where they removed the rear AC.
I know its out there, but like everything, its finding it again (I want it too just incase :)
Been searching as well can’t seem to find anything if I do come across it I will send a link to you to Thanks
😎👍

·
Registered
16 Posts
I KNOW it was a youtube vid.
It would have popped up when I was searching iload, imax, starex.
the vid screen/sidebar showed the aircon on the side I noticed while searching dash, seats, removals etc.
I spent a few hours trying different searches (but the vid title might not even be in english)

If I ever come across it again I WILL paste the link here too (for posterity & sanity :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts