Hyundai Forums banner

i800 Passenger Grab Handle 2

7K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  TonyKiwiGPS 
#1 ·
I have been trying to obtain the plastic trim piece that fits the A piller from a left hand drive i800. This will then allow me to fit a passenger grab handle as it has the correct cut out in it, the captive bolts are already in place. As my i800 is UK registered, ie right hand drive, my local Hyundai agent is unable to order the part from a left hand drive i800. They have said that they should be able to order the correct part if I can provide a VIN from a left hand drive i800. Therefore is anyone out there in the european community willing to provide me with a VIN number off their left hand drive i800 in order for me to order the parts I require?

#3 ·
Thanks for the suggestion. I have now tried two other dealers and they have both failed to locate the required parts as the Hyundai system will not allow them to order parts for a left hand drive vehicle. Both have stated that if they have a valid VIN for a lefthand drive i800 they may be able to locate the required parts.
Therefore is anyone out there, with a lefthand drive i800, willing to be helpfull in this matter?

#4 ·
  • If anyone is interested I have now received the parts and I have fitted them. Hey presto a grab handle on the passenger side with the correct trim colour. Parts used as follows:
    Trim Asst-FR Pillar Pt No. 858104H000TX
    Grip-Get On/Off Pt No. 844804H000KD
    Cap-Grip Get On/Off Pt No. 844814H000KD
    Cap-Grip Get On/Off Pt No. 844814H010KD
Hope this helps anyone wanting to fit a passenger grab handle to their i800.
What you need to check is that the trim colour matches your trim.

#6 ·
I have just completed this modification and bought a new spare wheel carrier as someone cut the cable to steal the spare. I was quoted £220 for the carrier alone from a dealer here. It all came to a grand total of £70 delivered from Koraps. It took 7 days to arrive, the only problem is they couldn't supply the caps but I'll get them locally.

#7 ·
Sorry to pick the thread up but I want to do this to help my wife get in and out as she has back problems. i800 2012 Can you remember is one the handle plastic cover and two covers for the screws. Also do they supply the screws with it.

Thanks for any advice.

#9 ·
I'm very grateful for this thread as I too want to put a passenger side grab handle on my 2011 iMax. Here are the prices in New Zealand dollars. 1$NZ = 0.62$US.

858104H000TX TRIM ASSY-FR PILLAR LH $69.12
844804H000KD GRIP-GET ON/OFF $38.88
844814H000KD CAP-GRIP GET ON OFF $4.32
844814H010KD CAP-GRIP GET ON OFF $4.32

I also asked the dealer about the jack storage compartment. On a RH drive (mine) the jack is on the drivers side. The same area on the left (Passenger) side is a large void with only a wiring loom. I assumed a LHD vehicle would have the jack on the left and therefore a LHD plastic cover with access door would open up a very useful space for jumper leads etc. However this is not the case - the dealer replied "On investigation with the door scuff trim, it appears that also the LH drive vehicle has the jack compartment on the same side as RH drive vehicles".

After first trying my local dealer in Christchurch I found the dealer in Invercargill, Southland, much more helpful. They also got the sale of several engine overhaul items. I'll post a summary of the work and prices when finished. A new short block, turbo, intercooler, water pump, clutch, timing chain kit and belt are on the way. The head is being reconditioned as complete long engines for the 2011 are no longer available - only 2012 onward (plastic intake). Injectors etc will be checked and replaced if required. I'm also going to fit a bypass oil filter.

Thanks again for your part numbers and this forum.