Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
just purchased a new oil pump,this is the engine with the oil pump combined into the sump bed plate (£500-00 from Hyundia £247-00 from Midlands motor factors) i dismantled the pressure relief valve to make sure there was no machining swarf from manufactures machining and i noticed the valve plunger does not have the approx 2mm dia hole drilled down the centre like as in the old pump its drilled in the centre stop where the spring fits, can any one shed any light on why the differance. I understand that the small hole down the centre of the old pump valve will bleed of a certain amount of oil pressure at all times the pump is turning but as far as i can see there is no point in the hole other than to permantly reduce the oil pressure of the pump so why have a spring loaded relief valve if your drilling holes in the valve pressure relief plunger, any thoughts on this are welcome picture below of the £500-00 oil pump for my engine and you have to drill the 25mm hole for the access plug for the sump oil level sender "bloody cheek" also i had a new white metal brg bush sent for the lefthand balance drive it didnt fit it was no good so had to revert back and refit the old bush to the new drive gear shaft.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts