Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my i800 I replaced both my front brake pads and I am not sure now that I replaced the wear sensor in the correct orientation and now I cannot check against the ones that came off and I find confusing information online. I would have thought that the sensor should be dragged away from the pad when the wheel rotates, during driving, when the pad is worn down.
Can anybody confirm the position of the wear sensor on the inboard pad of the offside caliper, is it at the top or bottom.
Or should I not worry as the discs will have to have worn really low to make the sensor work by which time my visual inspections would show the wear first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK grandpaswagon, thanks for that speedy reassurance.
One final point, I see many YouTube videos where a small amount of grease is applied to the fitting plates but on the Hyundai workshop manual it does not mention grease and the existing fitting plates appear to be coated in what looks like Teflon, does this make it unnecessary to apply grease as well?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a matter of interest, I just took the caliper off the offside wheel (that is the Right Hand looking forward in the UK) and using the old pads I checked and it is possible to fit the wear indicator either at the top or bottom.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts