Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2017 i30 SR manual. I purchased it in Jan 2018. I have an issue where when the AC and heating controls are off and the circulated air switch is on alot of heat is leaking into the cabin and it's not coming through the vents. There is a computer box under my steering wheel that gets really hot which I think is the main source of the heat. I experience this problem after driving the car for about 10-15 mins. I also feel heat coming from under the centre console, the AC/heating controls panel and the glove box. Anyone having similar problems? I didn't notice it until I stopped using my ac. I took it back to the dealer in early Feb and they said they couldn't identify the problem. I'm going to take it back to them this week bc it's still an issue. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. I'm in Melbourne, Australia.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update on this post - been to the dealer twice with this problem and they can't identify the issue. They're saying all temp levels are normal. Driving the car again it seems to be excessive heat coming from the driver's side mainly. There's alot of heat blowing down on my feet even when the vents are off and all heating and ac is turned off. Just doesn't seem normal and heating levels on my feet are uncomfortable. Also tried opening vents to circulate air in the car to help cool things down but that doesn't seem to work and you get musty smell in car so can't use fresh air for too long. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts