Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, am a new member, had my i30 for 4 years - good as gold! just suffered a major injection of engine oil into the coolant surfacing in the header tank. no evidence of water in sump. starts first touch and can run briefly quite smooth. Nothing from the breather pipe to suggest a gasket problem. Friend suggested that somewhere in the turbo there was oil cooled with water. perhaps the breach is here. Turbo fan appears to turn so not obviously broken. Have to sort the problem myself as cost of using main dealer probably exceeds value of car. Shame as really like it! apart from the horrible clean-up job. would replacing the turbo fix the matter?
Anyone else had the same problem?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Don't know anything about these turbos but if oil can get into the coolant then coolant can get into the oil and that can be catastrophic you must find the leak

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agree, been told that Turbo doesn't have any link to coolant but oil filter assembly may have a water cooling link , so first going to have a look at this . Water circuit is a real mess virtually full of oil so going to be a messy job cleaning all that out and flushing through a few times. Ah the joys of car ownership .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts