Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been more than pleased with my 1.6 i30 cdi purchased in October 2009. Only one gripe. The dashboard illumination. In dim and very bright conditions it is difficult for me to read the instruments. I am finding that I need to turn my sidelights on during the daytime just to get a clear reading of the instruments when the panel is illuminated. Does anyone know if there is an easy fix to get the instrument panel lit automatically when you insert the ignition key as the odometer and computer readouts do. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yes all true, it would be sooo nice if the dash lights could be on while the sidelights aren't.

I wonder now amenable Hyundai is to Enhancement Requests for the next i30 iterations.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Can't say I've ever had the need to light up the dash during daylight. Strange, really, as a lot of Aussie owners also complain at not being able to read the dials properly in sunlight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Light up?

I've joined this forum to find out about the instrument illumination.

I was convinced my 09 plate i30 panel lit up when driving with no lights on. I seem to remember that the panel lights were quite bright and dimmed when I turned on the side or main lights, but it doesn't now.

Have I really dreamt this? :confused:

·
Registered
81 Posts
the instruments are back light, when headlights are in the OFF position *Off, Parkers, Headlights*

when the headlights or parkers are turned on, the insturments dim a little, to make it easier for the driver,

they do this, because the expect the lights only to be used at night, and dimming the cluster allows the brightness of the headlight to balance with the brightness of the cluster, if this didnt occur, the cluster would be very bright at night and make it very hard to drive as they would be too bright.

at least in australia,

most customers seem to have trouble reading when the plastic lense of the isntruments is dusty aas it tends to refelct light, kinda the same way a dirty windscreen is hard to see out when the sun hits it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts