Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have priced out the entire i30 grill conversion I am debating and now I am looking for some input for the forum.. The total cost will be around $155 without paint, add $100 for paint. Really just doing this mod to have different..

So here is a pic of my car, its an older pic so its missing so mods but pretty much looks the same for the mods part..

So here are the i30 grills, I could leave is unpainted and get this look:

Or paint it and get this look:

Just dont know which route I should go.. If I paint it, its going to be covered in rock chips, and if I leave it uppainted I might get a bit more of a "sporty" look??

Or I could do a combo and say paint just the center cover and leave the upper one with the H emblem unpainted or do the reverse, paint the upper grill and leave the center one unpainted??

·
Registered
69 Posts
I personally like the painted front end, and was thinking of getting the front end for mine, however when I keep thinking of rock chips, etc...I'll just leave unpainted.

One thing that makes the unpainted grill in the picture above look good is the color of the wheels.

Even though I dislike the lines of our current grill, I like how the chrome ties into the chrome lip on your rims.

With that said, I'd buy, leave unpainted unless it really starts eating at you, lol!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I personally like the painted front end, and was thinking of getting the front end for mine, however when I keep thinking of rock chips, etc...I'll just leave unpainted.

One thing that makes the unpainted grill in the picture above look good is the color of the wheels.

Even though I dislike the lines of our current grill, I like how the chrome ties into the chrome lip on your rims.

With that said, I'd buy, leave unpainted unless it really starts eating at you, lol!!
Now that you say that, I didnt even think of it.. I got the chrome lip wheels because of the amount of chrome that was on the car, if I start taking it off how much will I still like the chrome lip.. :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
217 Posts
My grill was glossy, which didnt match anything on the car (everything is flat black), so l plasti dip it flat black. I have never seen any that were flat stock flat black.
So i dont know what the difference from painted to non painted is that you are showing.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'd REALLY like the i30 grill if it didn't have that big 'FAT LIP' going through the middle of it. If there were a 'Veloster Turbo' style, I'd be ALL over it.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The VT grill is awesome.. The only difference bettween painted and unpainted is just the paint, the one shown above is just the paint with no paint on it, so its a smooth black plastic.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I do like the design of the upper and lower grille on the i30 a lot better than ours. I just think that the so called "Fat Lip" center where it fits a European or Asian license plate, That our plate might look goofy with all of that extra flat part on either side. I need to see the swap over done to be sold on it. There are some stainless grilles out there that I really like, but they only fit the i30 and the sedan and coupes.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will not be running a front plate myself..

I couldnt find a black one without the license plate but here is what I did find:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at how it attached I would want to paint to before installing if I am going to paint..

After seeing the black painted grill with no license plate, I am almost leaning that way.. Then I will add my Tomato emblem :D

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The parts catalog just shows 3 pieces, plus the emblem and hardware.. I am assuming the same hardware will fit. It only lists 1 bumper for both grills, so it should just drop right in.

To me its about $155 shipped direct from Korea.

go to:
www.fourgreen.com

main section is - 86351A5000
center section "fat lip haha" - 86354A5000
upper section where hyundai logo is - 86352A5000

If you want to get it from a US dealer be prepared to shell out around $300 or so..

Dont quote me on the part numbers, its what I got with my own research so I am not to be held accountable for a misorder haha :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
You mean the non SE Canadian GT grill? Ah I knew you Muricans woupd get jealous! :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Wow this makes me laugh..... I have a GLS in Canada, because I was unable to get the SE or Tech Package with a manual transmission. Because of that I have the I30 front grill and I want to change it to the SE or American style front bumper because I think that looks better. I should meet up with one of you from the states and trade grills. That way we both get what we want for free. My grill was painted white so I plastidipped it. I am considering painting it gloss black maybe.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow this makes me laugh..... I have a GLS in Canada, because I was unable to get the SE or Tech Package with a manual transmission. Because of that I have the I30 front grill and I want to change it to the SE or American style front bumper because I think that looks better. I should meet up with one of you from the states and trade grills. That way we both get what we want for free. My grill was painted white so I plastidipped it. I am considering painting it gloss black maybe.
Wait, American's don't like their grills?! Here I was at the dealership asking how I could get that grill because I don't like what we have here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wait, American's don't like their grills?! Here I was at the dealership asking how I could get that grill because I don't like what we have here.

I think it's a case of the 'Grass is Greener...'

I think the American Grills are much nicer that the European style.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
11 Participants
cbzdel
Hyundai Forums
Hyundai Forum is a community for all Hyundai Owners to talk and learn all about their favorite subject: Hyundai cars from the Sonata to the Elantra and even the new Kona!
Full Forum Listing