Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered the i30 1.6 crdi classic 5 door. is this powerful enough? im concerned that 90 bhp wont pull me out of bed. might seem a silly post but just want some honest answers. so any help if ive ordered a silly one please be honest and sorry if ive offended any one . its my first diesel, first new car and first "oh ny god what have i done?" moments till it gets here.lol used too a 03 plate 1.4 fiesta zetec petrol. due to get it at weekend.
thanks

Rab

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
if you are used to driving a 1.4 zetec you will notice a difference in power, the 1.6 diesel will not have the 'poke' that the fiesta has in particular at low revs. once your up and running there will be little difference.

it depends what sort of driver you are, if your not worried about being first away from the lights and drive without a heavy right foot l think you will be fine plus you will have the bonus of the extra mpg

have you given the i30 diesel a test drive?..............when it comes down to it its all a matter of personal choice so don't quote me

BTW welcome to the forums :00000732:

·
Registered
64 Posts
If the reviews are anything to go by, you will be completely happy with the diesel performance, torque and flexibility making up for outright power. I would have gone for the oil burner but the UK price negated the idea of really cheap motoring. Am happy with the 1.4 petrol performance (compares well with my old 2.0 Petrol Vaux Vectra) anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts