Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All doors etc are shut. When you go to lock the car using the remote, the locking system does not always operate. It will be a case of having to re start the engine, jiggle the steering column as well as perhaps having to move the car forward or back. Hyundai has admitted to the problem and say there is a part to be changed within the ignition. The fault was reported a month ago and the nearest date to be geting it is in another months time. A complaint has been registered with Hyundai Customer Services and they are investigating.

·
Registered
425 Posts
QUOTE (Davidelliss @ Jul 5 2010, 04:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338974
...Hyundai has admitted to the problem and say there is a part to be changed within the ignition... the nearest date to be geting it is in another months time...
So you already have a diagnosis, a solution, and a fix date.

In which case I don't understand what you were asking in your opening post.

·
Registered
425 Posts
QUOTE (Davidelliss @ Jul 5 2010, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338997
I was wandering if any one else was experiencing the problem and what they were doing to alleviate the temp problem
Ahh I see. I would guess that anyone experiencing that severity of problem would have taken it back under warranty, as indeed you did :)

Bit long to wait for the fix though. I mean, a month is ridiculous if they now know of the problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

I too have been putting up with faulty central locking in my I30 since before October 2009 but when I take the car back to the dealer they can't locate the fault because the problem does not occur when they have it.

The fault is intermittent lock up of the driver's door with or without they key in the ignition. I have also had 3 doors lock-up after having all four doors opened and closed when vacuuming the car's interior.

The problem is very frustrating - I also contacted Hyundai Australia who advise me that the "vehicle is being monitored for further diagnosis" and I should get in touch with the dealer "if the problem arises again".

Well the problem is ongoing and one would have thought that Hyundai would have this sorted by now as there must be more than two of us having the same problem.

Dougray

1 - 7 of 7 Posts