Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What is the difference in spec between these 2 models. I've seen a garage in Darlington offering a 2010 model for £600 less than the current list price. What would I be getting if I bought the brand new model as opposed to the 2010 spec. Comparing like for like that is. My interest is Comfort Diesel

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hiya,

Don't have the brochure off hand, but from what I can remember.

Changes to exterior styling (front now looks like 2010 Edition model).
Slight tweaks to interior (gear knob).
Manual petrol versions get "time to change gear" indication.
Comfort now gets "follow me home" headlights and front fog lamps as standaard.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
60 Posts
Further to Wedge69 - you also get 5 year RAC cover with UK spec (ie Czech build) 2011 model.
Most obvious change is the bumpers and cill extensions - a bit like (but not same as) the Edition model.
Just a word of caution - I have found to my cost on my i30 CRDi Auto /2011 spec - that we cannot get mud flaps or bumper protectors ("rearguards") as yet for UK 2011 model. Dealers parts departments may not have twigged as yet that existing parts do not fit "2011" cars (including a certain dealer in Teesside!). And Hyundai Customer Services have been unable to advise when these bits will be available.
Otherwise - initial impressions after a couple of months - so far so good & the car is a good choice. It drives well, seems quite agile & comfy, and I am impressed with build quality. Downsides are that the seats are hard after sitting in them for an hour or so, and there is quite a lot of road noise (maybe down to Hankook tyres?). Head rests too seem too far forwards (they adjust forward & back but not enough). Best deal for me by far was a factory order via a car broker in Warrington, local dealers could not come close - in some cases didnt even bother to try.

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (Talking Hoarse @ Jul 19 2010, 07:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342819
Otherwise - initial impressions after a couple of months - so far so good & the car is a good choice. It drives well, seems quite agile & comfy, and I am impressed with build quality. Downsides are that the seats are hard after sitting in them for an hour or so, and there is quite a lot of road noise (maybe down to Hankook tyres?). Head rests too seem too far forwards (they adjust forward & back but not enough). Best deal for me by far was a factory order via a car broker in Warrington, local dealers could not come close - in some cases didnt even bother to try.
Just picked mine up. There is some road noise, though no worse then my old Skoda. Agree about the head restraints though! Got mine from a main dealer on the Trade and Upgrade scheme.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Talking Hoarse @ Jul 19 2010, 07:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=342819
Just a word of caution - I have found to my cost on my i30 CRDi Auto /2011 spec - that we cannot get mud flaps or bumper protectors ("rearguards") as yet for UK 2011 model. Dealers parts departments may not have twigged as yet that existing parts do not fit "2011" cars (including a certain dealer in Teesside!). And Hyundai Customer Services have been unable to advise when these bits will be available.

I upgraded from a 2010 spec to a 2011 spec i30 last week, and it has mud flaps. They're not the molded ones as those wouldn't fit over the sideskirts, they're flat ones. They seem to be a little wider and higher, giving a bit more protection than the older ones did.

The other change that no-one has mentioned yet is that the suspension on the new model is noticeably stiffer on the 2011 model than on the 2010 model.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts