Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Apologies if this was already mentioned and if so, my search abilities suck.

I've recently acquired a 2010 Czech made 1.4 petrol i30 hatch.

As I've found out, it has electronic throttle control so after digging a bit I realized it shouldn't be a problem to install, or should I say enable the means to activate the cruise control function I've been longing for so long.

I bought the steering wheel buttons and wiring harness and installed them, I've ran 4 wires from ECU; 3 to clock spring for CC buttons, 1 for clutch switch (which this model didn't come with) and still no luck.
I drove above 40km/h and nothing happened.

The schematic I found on the net says that ECU pins are as follows:
- 19 - power
- 33 - clutch switch
- 62 - ground
- 68 - signal

All pins except pin 19 were unoccupied.

Anyone know what I may be still missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
17,110 Posts
Are you 100% sure your 2010 model has electronic throttle control? I only ask because I recently did some work on a 2011 Kia Rio which has the same engine and that had a cable operated throttle.

Does the CRUISE light illuminate on the instrument cluster when you switch the CCS on?
If not, have you measured the voltages on the signal wire between the clock spring and the engine PCM?
I'd expect to see approx 5V with the CCS ON/OFF switch on, approx 0.9V when the RES switch is pressed, and approx 0.3V with the SET switch pressed.
You should have 0V when the CANCEL button is pressed.

BTW, I've just returned from a holiday in Croatia. What a beautiful country you live in. Kinda like Scotland but with warm weather....and much better roads :smile:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you 100% sure your 2010 model has electronic throttle control? I only ask because I recently did some work on a 2011 Kia Rio which has the same engine and that had a cable operated throttle.

Does the CRUISE light illuminate on the instrument cluster when you switch the CCS on?
If not, have you measured the voltages on the signal wire between the clock spring and the engine PCM?
I'd expect to see approx 5V with the CCS ON/OFF switch on, approx 0.9V when the RES switch is pressed, and approx 0.3V with the SET switch pressed.
You should have 0V when the CANCEL button is pressed.

BTW, I've just returned from a holiday in Croatia. What a beautiful country you live in. Kinda like Scotland but with warm weather....and much better roads :smile:
Hello! :)

Well, I've only heard from a few HY people that it has an electronic throttle. I still didn't inspect that by myself since I'm not that 'automotive inclined' :) But I do feel the difference between this and cable operated throttle. This one has a bit more lag if you know what I mean.

To answer your questions:
- The CC indicator does not light up.
- I haven't measure voltages, I only checked between PWR and GND and I get 3.3V. Didn't took the time to calculate voltages and currents regarding the known resistor values in CC button controls. Call me lazy :D
I did, however, check with a multimeter using a sound test if the buttons are functioning according to attached schematics and they are.
- Yes the country really is beautiful. I totally agree :) Did you visit the seaside or the continental part? I thought our roads were bad (which in a lot of cases are) but there are even worse roads in our neighbour countries. And I'm not talking about Slovenia or Hungary :D

BTW I just recently came to an idea I might have wrongly connected the wires from ECU to clock spring. Gonna have to check it and if that doesn't solve the problem I'll try to measure voltages as you said and keep you posted.

Keep your fingers crossed! :)

·
Registered
17,110 Posts
Well, I've only heard from a few HY people that it has an electronic throttle. I still didn't inspect that by myself since I'm not that 'automotive inclined'
I'd suggest you make sure you have the electric throttle body before doing anything else. I've attached some photos below showing where on the engine the throttle body is located and what each one looks like.

TheGetzGuy said:
I haven't measure voltages, I only checked between PWR and GND and I get 3.3V.)
According to the diagram I have for the 1.6 Gamma engine, the supply voltage for the cruise control switches is 5V. The voltages I posted earlier are based on a 5V supply.

TheGetzGuy said:
Did you visit the seaside or the continental part?
I was at the seaside near Poreč but took a drive out to the Plitvice Lakes. My missus loves waterfalls so needless to say she really enjoyed her day at the lakes.

Cheers.
Scott.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I'm terribly sorry for taking your time, the problem was in clock spring connector and pin contacts.
The housing was damaged and the wires from ECU were connected on the wrong pins. I changed it and it works like a charm now.

Sir, I thank you very much for your help and good will :)

You've made quite a trip going to Plitvice. I was there some 20 years ago and I only remember the crystal clear water running below the wooden walkways we were on. I still have a coffee cup I bought back then :D

·
Registered
17,110 Posts
I'm terribly sorry for taking your time, the problem was in clock spring connector and pin contacts.
The housing was damaged and the wires from ECU were connected on the wrong pins. I changed it and it works like a charm now.
No problem. Great to hear you got it working.

TheGetzGuy said:
You've made quite a trip going to Plitvice.
Yeah, and we followed the coastal roads on the way there too rather than taking the most direct route. It was a long drive but we got to see some of the country along the way and lakes and waterfalls at Plitvice were spectacular. Well worth the effort.

Cheers.
Scott.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.