Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an i20 sports petrol variant and I noticed that when I am in the car and driving some one can open the boot (usually the security guards do that to check).

Am I missing out on locking something? may be the driver's door from inside perhaps (should try that).

Excuse me if its a stupid question, this is my first car and I have not really driven any other either.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Their is an option that can be programmed into the computer that locks the doors automatically when a certain speed is reached, mine locks at about 20 mph, I would assume that this is available worldwide so it may be worth talking to your dealer. I would think he would activate it free if you ask.

·
Registered
117 Posts
QUOTE (bizzay1 @ Sep 12 2010, 08:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355863
Their is an option that can be programmed into the computer that locks the doors automatically when a certain speed is reached, mine locks at about 20 mph, I would assume that this is available worldwide so it may be worth talking to your dealer. I would think he would activate it free if you ask.
So it's locked when you're above 20, unlocked below? Can this still be over-ridden if you're in an undesirable area?

·
Registered
157 Posts
QUOTE (rodderstrotter @ Sep 12 2010, 11:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355879
So it's locked when you're above 20, unlocked below? Can this still be over-ridden if you're in an undesirable area?
No once you go over 20 the central locking locks - it only opens again when a door is opened from the inside, & it cannot be opened from the outside

·
Registered
89 Posts
QUOTE (bizzay1 @ Sep 13 2010, 06:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355940
No once you go over 20 the central locking locks - it only opens again when a door is opened from the inside, & it cannot be opened from the outside
Not sure if this is a good idea - what happens if you're in a crash and someone is trying to open the car door to get you out?

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (awt41 @ Sep 13 2010, 09:19 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=355946
Not sure if this is a good idea - what happens if you're in a crash and someone is trying to open the car door to get you out?
I think that in case of a crash the locks automatically unlock.
I remember that i've read something like that in the manual.

I almost never drive with locks closed, just at night in an underground parking garage, or at night in other places where there aren't (many) other people i use the central locking

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Guys, the driver side door lock - locks the other doors as well as the hold. I should have tried that earlier (did try and verify).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts