Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I bought a i20 1200 3 days ago, GL version.
The car does not hava a trip computer.
The only service it provides, in the display, is Trip A and Trip B distances.
I know that the i20 1400 has a Trip computer.
Is there any way to enable the trip computer functionality in i20 1200, maybe by connecting a laptop to the car and changing some parameters?
Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's not the engine size that determines what functions your trip computer has, it's the trim level (which may be named differently in your country). The entry level classic model does not have the advanced functions (mpg calculation etc.) but the other models in the range do.

I am not aware of any way to mod it to enable these functions. If there was a way to mod it, doing so may invalidate your warranty.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If anyone of you have this facility in your car, please post some pictures of the same.
Also is it can be turned off ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here's a couple of pics;

[attachment=19657:DSC00460_COPY.JPG]

This one is taken with the radio OFF. In that mode, it displays 3 lines of info at the same time; Trip time (not shown here), Trip distance (shown here), Miles or Klm to empty (shown here), MPGs or L/100 (shown here), instant fuel consumption (not shown here). As the 'Trip' button is pressed, the display cycles through these.
|
|
|
[attachment=19658:DSC00463_copy.JPG]
This one is with the radio turned ON. Only 1 line of info is displayed. In this pic, the instant fuel consumption is shown but as the car was stationary, there is no actual info showing. As before, you cycle through the info by pressing the 'Trip' button.

I don't think there a way to turn this trip computer off but then again, I haven't looked into it as I don't really need to turn it off.

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for that Pictures and details. Yes there is no way to enable it if your car don't display it. Only thing you can do it is replace that display unit with the one which has trip computer function.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just collected my i20 diesel. The handbook suggests that there are two trip counters, A and B. However, I only seem to have one, similar to that shown by BGRT above. Is this a change to the spec, a future change to the spec, or just available on the top model. It would seem a bit odd to have the complete cycle of features, but with differing number of trip counters for different models.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts