10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i have the remote with key built into it, with the 3 buttons

from the top down

1. lock
2. open trunk
3. open doors

first of all the middle button that just unlocks the trunk doesn't work at all, i dunno why they put it on the remote if it doesn't work, at the agency they told me that IT WILL NOT WORK, question is, can i make it work???

and now to the real PROBLEM

somties, when i lock the car, the car doors lock but than immediately the door will unlock

it's not the same secnario as if i tried to lock when 1 of the doors it NOT FULLY/well closed and the car locks but reopen after a few seconds

it just happens before i manage to stop pressing the lock button on the remote.

after that if i open and close the doors again they will stay closed

any ideas??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello,

I have found that you need to hold down the trunk button for a few seconds before
the trunk will open, also I normally hold/point the key near to the rear of the car.

Make sure you are not accidently pressing the unlock button when you put the key in your
pocket or bag - I have done this once by accident and because there is no audible warning
you may not realise you have done it unles you see the lights flash.
The buttons do seem very sensitive.

You can just lock the vehicle with the key but I'm not sure if that will set the immobiliser or not.

Lester..

·
Registered
18 Posts
QUOTE (Tsachi @ Jul 27 2010, 03:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345153
Hi,

i have the remote with key built into it, with the 3 buttons

from the top down

1. lock
2. open trunk
3. open doors

first of all the middle button that just unlocks the trunk doesn't work at all, i dunno why they put it on the remote if it doesn't work, at the agency they told me that IT WILL NOT WORK, question is, can i make it work???

and now to the real PROBLEM

somties, when i lock the car, the car doors lock but than immediately the door will unlock

it's not the same secnario as if i tried to lock when 1 of the doors it NOT FULLY/well closed and the car locks but reopen after a few seconds

it just happens before i manage to stop pressing the lock button on the remote.

after that if i open and close the doors again they will stay closed

any ideas??

Thanks in advance
I just got some similar issues fixed this morning.
My problems were:
1. When I locked my car, the doors would lock but there was no flashing of lights to show that I had locked the car
2. The alarm didn't activate if a door was open while the car was locked.
3. The boot button unlocked the boot, but as soon as I opened the boot handle, all the doors unlocked.

I took it to the dealership where I bought my car, and they fixed it up for me (just needed to reprogram the car computer apparently)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts