Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought a new i20 15 days back, couple of forums suggested to check the HU version

<Quote>
Firmware version check for HU (Head Unit/ Stereo)
Here are the button combination for displaying this text ( Press one by one but immediately)
Press and Hold 1FF, the 6
if the version shows in MID is VER M58 S71 D29 or higher then you HU is a good one
if the version shows in MID is VER M08 S69 D18 ( important to look for S69) then your HU have some issues like
1. HU automatically switches OFF while running
2. HU fuse pops up when you press Eject button while ignition is at OFF position.
You can get a free replacement of HU from Hyundai if you found your version as S69
<UnQuote>

my HU version is "VER M26 S17 D67" any idea is it good/bad.

can anybody tell me what does M, S and D mean.

Shoaib

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (Shoaib2409 @ Nov 1 2010, 12:15 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367735
bought a new i20 15 days back, couple of forums suggested to check the HU version

<Quote>
Here are the button combination for displaying this text ( Press one by one but immediately)
if the version shows in MID is VER M58 S71 D29 or higher then you HU is a good one
if the version shows in MID is VER M08 S69 D18 ( important to look for S69) then your HU have some issues like
2. HU fuse pops up when you press Eject button while ignition is at OFF position.
You can get a free replacement of HU from Hyundai if you found your version as S69
<UnQuote>

Shoaib

hi...mine is also M26 S17 D67.

NOT ABLE TO ENABLE RDS IN IT.....Is there any other key combination to enable RDS in it. i hav tried all the key combinations as told in all other forums..
do u know the key combination for this?
thankew..

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (Shoaib2409 @ Oct 31 2010, 02:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367735

<Quote>
<UnQuote>

Shoaib

thank you for sharing :D

add:

The Hyundai i20 is a super-mini or subcompact car produced in 2008 by the Hyundai Motor Company. It was designed by a BMW designer named Thomas Burekle at Hyundai Designing Centre in Germany. It made its debut at the Paris Motor Show in October 2008 and then it went on sale in December 2008 in India to fit between the i10 and i30. The Hyundai i20 is a front wheel drive car. It showcases the best blend of designing techniques and technology. This four wheeled beauty has a multitude of features like the character lines on the hood and side profile, wide air dam and flared wheel arches. No wonder then that the i20 is the hottest thing on wheels.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (amenjas @ Jan 19 2011, 12:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=392118
hi...mine is also M26 S17 D67.

NOT ABLE TO ENABLE RDS IN IT.....Is there any other key combination to enable RDS in it. i hav tried all the key combinations as told in all other forums..
do u know the key combination for this?
thankew..

hey at last i enabled RDS in i20. i changed the area to EUROBT. now it has got bluetooth feature also. i think the bluetooth dongle is missing in it. can we install bluetooth dongle in the head unit?

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (amenjas @ Jan 20 2011, 07:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=392495
hey at last i enabled RDS in i20. i changed the area to EUROBT. now it has got bluetooth feature also. i think the bluetooth dongle is missing in it. can we install bluetooth dongle in the head unit?
My version also is same as yours. How we can change the area? I am getting only the version by pressing 1 + 6. got the other sub menus once but not able to get it after :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts