Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
In light of the Toyota problem I would have thought Hyundai may have been concerned about such a potentially serious problem - it could be a one off but then again it could be a major issue with this model.
[/quote]

This is disturbing news for all I20 owners including myself, i hope that this is a one off,when you buy a car you dont look at the way engine mounts are designed,but looking at the photo it looks like the engine casting could of been defective ------- blow holes for example ------ the area where the fixing holes are, is critical to the integrity of the engine mounting i would of thought the supplier would have a quality control using x rays or sonic methods.
Looking at safety crash impact tests from EURO NCAP, the i20 was awarded 5 stars,i would of thought if there was a problem with the engine mounting design
then it would of shown up then after the number of test crashes they put the car through.
Maybe the impact your son had created a condition that put forces through the mounting that hadnt been created in the test bed--------- i also think if this was a major problem then surely someone else would have experienced it by now----------- i must admit i would of preferred to see a design where the engine is supported on shelf like brackets rather than suspended by screws-------- anyway i hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

·
Registered
66 Posts
QUOTE (mrsg2106 @ Jun 12 2010, 07:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332344
I would just like for Hyundai to have taken this problem more seriously. Hyundai UK's technical department were contacted to come and inspect the car and the engine mounting once it was known it was manufacturers part defect but they were not interested in even coming to see it.
All in all it is very disappointing but the important thing is that my son had luckily only been going at about 20mph when it happened and is safe.
Where is the defective part now? --------- i suppose the garage has disposed of it --------- nothing gets your back up more than apathy from dealers and manufacturers ---------- i suppose Hyundai dont want any bad publicity with their flagship i range -------- but as you say if safety is an issue they should of taken it more seriously------- i dont think i would leave the car at the dealership though ------ fight your corner from home with the car safely under wraps until it is resolved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.