Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 i20, Australian model.
Will be installing a Pioneer head unit in place of the factory radio. I have a Pioneer harness to ISO plug adapter with the new radio. Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the back of the factory radio?

I have a new replacement 2 x DIN size facia to use during the installation as the factory facia needs to be changed to suit.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aerpro make an ISO to ISO adapter called a APP064 to adapt the Pioneer AVH-Z2150BT to the i20 2015 model.
So I assume this means the Pioneer ISO is not compatible to the Hyundai ISO harness. This is why I am looking for the vehicle pin out on the 2 plugs.
Unless the APP064 is one to one pin-out which doesn't make sense to have such an adapter.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
I'm not familiar with the i20 radio wiring, but the only issue your likely to come across (if any) is the radio might not hold it's memory, because some cars have the main and memory power supply wires swapped over on the ISO connector.

If you look at the Pioneer to ISO adapter you'll probably find that the power supply wires (usually red & yellow wires) have bullet connectors on them to allow you to easily swap the two wires over if required. That's basically all an ISO to ISO adapter is for too. It has the same connectors that allow you to swap the red & yellow wires over, so it's probably not required. And even if the Pioneer to ISO doesn't have the bullet connectors, all you need to do is remove the red & yellow wires from the male ISO connector on the adapter and swap them over there if you have an issue with the memory.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
Glad I was able to help in some small way. Hope the installation goes well. Maybe post us a picture of it when your done.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The finished installation of a Pioneer AV unit into the 2014 i20,
Very satisfied with the end result.
Apple Car Play + Google Maps + Radio + CD + Bluetooth + Spotify + DVD and a great sound.

The trick to this installation is the manual AC control cables to the heater need to be identified and disconnected to remove and re-install the facia.
Note this facia is a 2 x DIN aftermarket part to suit the AV unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same car with the manual ac setup, can you please give us a step by step guide how to remove the old fascia and install the new one. As I’m worried that if i do it blind then I’ll definitely damage something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello,
I just installed an aftermarket radio with android.
I plugged in the brown and black adapters but the smal/long black one I can't use -> I think this one has the steering controls and stuff like that.
Also, can u still use the factory USB and aux next to the sigaret lighter? If yes, how did u do that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts