Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My i10 went into the Hyundai garage in Northampton yesterday for some work to be carried out (loose wheel hub and some other loose suspension parts) and they noticed my front tyres were worn to the canvas (Ooops!) They then fitted 2 Nexen NBlue Eco tyres (165/60x14) @£50.44 fitted each.
Has anyone else had these tyres fitted? If so are they any good?
My car is a 2012 Hyundai i10 Classic with 31770 miles so far.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Hello. welcome. :00000732:

Can't speak from experience re. those particular tyres. Checked on Oponeo and see that their SUMMER tyres for that size starts at £33 (inc. VAT) & delivered to your door (or your local tyre fitter) but you'd need to add fitting to that (approx £10 each including balancing). Your tyres are £38 on that site and Summer tyres go up to £69 delivered for premium makes (plus fitting of course).

So you haven't exactly been ripped off....but I'd have chosen a different make myself and for what you paid you could have shopped around and had a choice - BUT it has to be said that if you've let the tyres go down to the canvas then I'd, perhaps, guess that tyres aren't way up on your scale of enthusiasm and, as you had to get them on the quick, you've got new tyres and not paid a fortune for them and they're safer than the ones that were on there.

Just as an aside, you could have bought the Goodyear Vector All Seasons tyre (with the mountain symbol showing suitability for winter use as well as being good for summer use too) for £51 delivered plus £10 fitting.... or UniRoyal Rain Experts for £47...or a selection of Hankook or Kumho (standard fit on new Hyundais) for around £45 - £50 ...and they might, possibly, have given better service, but all the above still applies, and you've got them now and will, hopefully do you well....and remember, you did have to get them straight away therefore your choice was severely limited I guess.

Hopefully you might get someone else who has used them....but they're not especially popular, judging by what other people say they've used.

Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts