Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I picked up my new Active in Electric Red on Monday.
Got a nice deal at Vantage Hyundai Manchester.

The sale price was £7250 minus £500 trade in. So, £6750 cash balance.

The dealership had about 8 new i10's on the forecourt with delivery mileage, which just had numbered tickets in the windscreens. But no numberplates.

I bought one of those cars, so, what term is used for that kind of sale or deal? The car was registered through DVLA / VOSA and issued a numberplate (63 plate) and then taxed for me.

I opted for the three year service plan at £349.
Bought some original car mats for £33 and the plastic boot tray for £58.

The car is really nice to drive, a little bit of a struggle to find a nice comfy driving position.
I can appreciate the 85bhp, it's very quick off the mark and i'm not a boy racer!
It has enough equipment and poise to put a smile on my face and the fuel comsumption, so far, appears to be good. The i10 has clocked up a whopping 101 miles so far.

I have only two minor niggles......

The evening I bought it, I noticed that the idle speed dropped to 500 rpm twice in rapid succession.

I attempted a little ignition key trick to reset the TPS, whereby I turned the key to position one, then slowly depressed the accelerator five times and turned the ignition fully off.
Finally, I started the car and the problem hasn't reappeared in 48 hours.
I can't account for the tricks success or otherwise, but I will keep an eye on it.

The second is that the clutch biting point is only an inch or so from the carpet, i'll ask the dealer to adjust it for me.

Apart from that, i'm looking forward to three good years of motoring.

Thanks.

R.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, fifteen days in.

I've cleaned the car twice now, inside and out.

Got all the usual accessories, car mats, i10 keyring, boot liner and Hyundai Travel Safety Bag.

This coming Friday, i've booked the car in at the dealership for two 'issues'.

1) Slight creaking noise from front passenger side brakes when the car finally comes to a stop. I don't think it's the suspension.
The car brakes perfectly, but I need it looking at for peace of mind.

2) Engine warm idle speed too low at 700rpm, i've asked them if they can increase it by 30 or 40.

Apart from those bits, it's a cracking little car!

Thanks,

R.

·
Registered
3 Posts
"The dealership had about 8 new i10's on the forecourt with delivery mileage, which just had numbered tickets in the windscreens. But no numberplates."

I bought one of those cars, so, what term is used for that kind of sale or deal? The car was registered through DVLA / VOSA and issued a numberplate (63 plate) and then taxed for me.
The deal you got on your I10 Active is a dealer trying to hit his target of vehicles for the month. So HY website price for base paint is £7795 so they are knocking £1250 off list, the dealer then takes a £545 knock on their profit to sell their quota for the month, so next month they get better deals on buying for next month.
Your car may be worth a little more than £500 so the dealer then gets a little money back.
This is not a pre registered car if it was the dealers name would show on the log book as first owner. Most of these are used as a run around for the sales team who put about 500 miles on them so they can sell them as pre register vehicles.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a quick update.

The dealership checked the brakes, found no issues. Fair enough.
The engine idle speed was 696-700rpm, right where it should be. It's only done 620miles.

Middlin,

The car was a 'stock' car, delivery mileage, 33 miles and unregistered.
I avoided delivery charges, VAT, taxes, etc.

Thanks,

R.

·
Registered
117 Posts
hmmm.... rightly serviced by the service center... Congzz on getting your i10 back at home without any problem...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts