Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Recently, my i10 has had some problems starting.. Its not that it wont start, but it seems to struggle to turn over sometimes. The other day I got in the car early in the morning and it started fine, yet once I came back to the car later that day and it struggled to start... it confuses me...
Any help would be taken gratefully :)

Thanks,
Rhys

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well as you are saying that the car sometimes create problem in getting ready for a drive. I also thing that the problem might be due to either a weak battery or your battery might be having carbon jammed over its terminals. The terminals once covered with the carbon, it creates problems for the battery to supply proper power as required.
So, I will suggest you to check your car's battery. Clean the terminals of the battery and connect them again. that might solve the problem. If this even doesn't solve then the weak battery might be a reason.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hyundais battery system, like all the systems on any of their cars work perfectly well when the car is used as defined on the service classification pages, and the correct engine oil grade is used for prevailing conditions. This is one of the reasons they prefer such light grade engine oil, every component is pared down to the bare minimum to get the job done, for the time the vehicle is meant to last, every maker does it, Hyundai just do it very well. It's called finite element analysis, every part is computer designed to do it's job exactly, not a smidgeon more. Something as simple as a battery terminal not torqued correctly, or the slightest hint of corrosion could cause your problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts