Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a quote from a Hyundai dealer in south London for an i10 Classic of £314 for a year 2 service. Is this the going rate? If not, what is the rate?
Can't see anywhere what the standard rates are.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Just took out a dealer service plan, £349 for the first 3 services,an absolute bargain I reckon considering Hyundai's usual inflated service prices.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just got a quote from a Hyundai dealer in south London for an i10 Classic of £314 for a year 2 service. Is this the going rate? If not, what is the rate?
Dear the best way as per my opinion is to get it confirmed online from different dealers available in your nearest reach.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi, i just had the second year service on my i10 Automatic

The price here in Spain works out at just under £200 inc all parts & sundries & a free wash & polish (they even do this on the free 6 month services).

The labour charged was for 1hr 40mins allthough it took 2 hours because of the Free Wash & Polish.
i always take a book to read & wait for them to finish & i can see them working on the car so i know it has been done.

The Garage is AutoFima in Elche, near Alicante, i would always recomend them should you be in Spain.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Re. second year service at my regular local Hyundai main dealer - just had it done....bill (including brake fluid change) was £259.78 inc. VAT. Uneventful and very acceptable and efficient service by dealer, so no complaints....especially as Hyundai UK paid for it (and the first service too) by way of compensation for previous issues. Will have to pay for all the forthcoming ones though :mellow:

Am told the next service is a repeat of the first one (which would have cost £103.99 if I'd paid for it)....something tells me it will be more than that next year though + it'll need an MOT as well, of course, which they said cost thirty something pounds. But that's a year away - anything could happen by then.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have seen costs of £185 to £230 for even-year services outside London. Shop around!. There are a range of service plans too, currently Hyundai's own is only £649 for the first 5 years, that is 3 small + 2 larger services.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Service for the fourth year just completed by my usual Hyundai Main Dealer.

£261 .

They phoned during the day advising 70% wear on the brake pads. £158 quoted....and refused.

Also, do I want the Air Con serviced. And something about flushing the engine oil. Both refused.

At some stage I'll get the local indie to check the pads and change them if necessary. The Air-con works Ok and I don't want my sump flushed.

As the next service will be five years it'll get done by a local indie. Save me (a) a wodge of cash and (b) a journey to the Main Dealer in Exeter.

Am not actually complaining about anything in particular...I guess they have to earn the money to maintain their huge glass palace and all the staff in it - but next time I buy a new car I'll look harder at a fixed price service schedule...and indeed will try harder to get it included in the sale.

So, a year of warranty left. Will I look at a new version i10 next time? I don't know...but I do know I absolutely can't stand Main Dealer showrooms and after sales desks. Something about car sales and service staff (both male and female) gets my back up. Pointy shoes and gel hair styles for the blokes - and thick layers of dreadful makeup and tight skirts and thick black eyebrows on the females. And distinctly variable degrees of knowledge of motors from both genders.

Boy, was I glad to get out of there today.

·
Registered
202 Posts
"..........but I do know I absolutely can't stand Main Dealer showrooms and after sales desks. Something about car sales and service staff (both male and female) gets my back up. Pointy shoes and gel hair styles for the blokes - and thick layers of dreadful makeup and tight skirts and thick black eyebrows on the females. And distinctly variable degrees of knowledge of motors from both genders."

Oh, how I agree with you. I feel intimidated as soon as I enter this type of showroom. They're all sat at their desks trying to look busy and in my VW showroom there is no distinction between the service reception desk, spare parts or sales and so they all look the same with the male/female suits all sitting there waiting to pounce if you as much approach them.
I used to like the 'good old days' where in the parts dept. one asked for a part and then the guy thumbed through some greasy loose leaf binder to find it from the rows of bins behind him.

This phobia is a part of the reason why I haven't placed an order for a new MK7 Golf, plus some misgivings about the actual model's features and long lead times.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts