Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had this problem for while. I hear a mild knocking/tapping from the rear of my car when going at low speeds over uneven/ bumpy roads.

The exhaust is fine, nothing is loose and I have even cleared my boot/parcel shelf/spare tyre kit - still there. I don't hear this at speed (probably as the noise level in the car masks it?!)

I know that the rear suspension on the i10 is apparently quite hard/clunky. However this appears to be another (additional) noise source

Is this the tailgate catch or tailgate dampers? Anyone had any similiar problems and/or anysuggestions?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I noticed that wierd sound and got the solution!! The problem from back doors(especially left back door..) piping plastics(dont know the english mean of that black plastic). They dont let closing the doors properly so margin makes some knocking sound..

ITs so easy to test. Find a mate , seat him back side and he just push the door while you driving.. No sound will come out , you will see mate..

·
Registered
33 Posts
There was also another thread where someone mentioned some wiring (rear lights?) that securing with a bit of tape.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (panther @ Jul 7 2009, 03:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=247038
There was also another thread where someone mentioned some wiring (rear lights?) that securing with a bit of tape.
Thanks for the heads-up.
I've had a look for "rear lights" in the i10 forum and can't find anything...If you remember where you saw this please let me know.

Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (grkm @ Jul 7 2009, 02:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=246954
I noticed that wierd sound and got the solution!! The problem from back doors(especially left back door..) piping plastics(dont know the english mean of that black plastic). They dont let closing the doors properly so margin makes some knocking sound..

ITs so easy to test. Find a mate , seat him back side and he just push the door while you driving.. No sound will come out , you will see mate..
Hey even I have the same problem., when i go on small potholes I hear a sound from the left back door., it sounds like "AAArrrrrrrrrrr" sound like a vibration. Do let me know when i take it for service I will tell the inspector who inspect my car.,

And aswell as I hear a scratching sound from the front left wheel, when i turn n slowly move the vehicle it doesnt come when i turn little higher speed???

Please help

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update for the i10 community.

I checked the rear doors. Seem OK. Had the car checked again by dealer, apparently the exhaust, suspension etc is OK. They found no problem.

...mild 'clonk' noise over rough roads/ speed humps etc still continues.

So living with it - until I can be bothered to chase it up again.

Despite all this, the i10 is still a great little car. I'll get the car to my liking...eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I'm having the same issue with my i10. Left side knocking sound. Thought it was the seat belt knock on the plastic but it wasnt. When I reverse and go over bumps..similar issue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts