Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have purchased my i10 vehicle april 2008 its km reading is 6000. A unique problem has come up that the power steering of the vehicle is jammed and EPS light is ON. I have tried to search on the net for the same problem. I found that there is same problem i.e manufacturing defect with the i10 car's power steering. My warrent has just expired and my car is not in a position to move any further and parked at my house. On the internet I came to know that the company has identified the car models with the faulty power steering and has some VIN nos for the same.
My question?

1) How to find the VIN no of the car and where to look for the same?

2) Can any body share the VIN list or some method to get the problem solved by the company itself?

3) Is there any company's direct email id's or contact concerned person's contact no.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi and :00000732: to the forums.

This is from the UK manual.............

............. could be the same for yours.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (rajnikant @ Jul 6 2010, 12:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=339134
Thanks It has solved my 1st problem mentioned.

Hi I have the same problem with my i10 1.25L Kappa Engine that I bought last year. It has happened at least 4 times.

May I know if your problem has been solved? If yes, do you know specifically what did they checked and replaced?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have purchased Hyundai i10 on April 2011. The KM reading is 14300 at this time. A problem raised 3 months ago with that of power steering motor burst out with a bad smell.
the eps light indicator off. Contacted the popular service center and replaced the motor without any cost.now a new problem arises. some times ie, on driving eps not properly working after the replacement of motor. this creates much hardship to me with the use of this car.My question is that ,can solve this manufacturing defect by company itself

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have purchased Hyundai i10 on April 2011. The KM reading is 14300 at this time. A problem raised 3 months ago with that of power steering motor burst out with a bad smell.
the eps light indicator off. Contacted the popular service center and replaced the motor without any cost.now a new problem arises. some times ie, on driving eps not properly working after the replacement of motor. this creates much hardship to me with the use of this car.My question is that ,can solve this manufacturing defect by company itself
Presumably it's still under some sort of warranty? If so you need to be asking the dealer questions not putting them on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts