Hyundai Forums banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey agai
Hey there, afraid not given the lock down I haven't really had chance to drive it much but the error code persists and power isn't where it should be (I think). Going to wait until mot and see what that throws up. If it passes emissions great, u won't do any more, if it fails may look to move it on.
Hey again, have you tried an OBD scan tool, to see your LTFT, STFT, oxygen sensors, MAP sensor, temperature sensors and intake valve timing?
Do you have rough idle?
What happens to your idle if you turn on rear window heating and headlights at the same time? (idle should stay stable)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey agai

Hey again, have you tried an OBD scan tool, to see your LTFT, STFT, oxygen sensors, MAP sensor, temperature sensors and intake valve timing?
Do you have rough idle?
What happens to your idle if you turn on rear window heating and headlights at the same time? (idle should stay stable)
Thanks Preben, I do get rough idle and I will try the turning on window heater and headlights to see what happens, there were no sensor errors thrown by ODB, it is only when I go to measurements that I can see there are some anomalies in there. Will take screenshots next time I use to see if you understand better than I what it is saying!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help? Its a 2014 i10, 1.2 engine, 30,000 miles.
The engine light came on and the car runs rough with occasional stalling, Connected an OBD fault reader and it came up with "PO11 $07e8 error codes, Position timing over advanced or system performance bank 1" Changed both cam sensors as an easy option but no change. I have read this post with interest but as said above the Haynes manual omits any information on the VVT system. Where are the OCV's mentioned by a few forum posters. Any help much appreciates

Paul

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,702 Posts
Where are the OCV's mentioned by a few forum posters. Any help much appreciates
I think P0011 relates to the inlet camshaft, so the OCV for that cam is at the front of the engine....

There will be another OCV in the same location on the back of the engine for the exhaust cam.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Many thanks for the info. I did find the sensors yesterday ( see above post ) and cleaned both but the fault appears to be elsewhere.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,702 Posts
I did find the sensors yesterday ( see above post )
Just to be clear, the part highlighted above is the oil control valve (actuator). The cam sensor is something different.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok thanks,
Both cam timing sensors had already been changed but I have also cleaned and checked with 12 volts both OCV's ( yes I did call them sensors my mistake) both were fine. But the fault persists.
The car has only covered 30,000 miles with regular oil changes (Hyundai main dealer) The Timing chain is not noisy so I do not suspect that it has slipped. When I can get the valve cover off I will have a look at the VVT mechanism as I am interested in how it works. The 4 valve-cover bolt heads between the cams are severely coroded, I managed to free 2 but 2 others are awaiting a spiral impact set to hopefully free them.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts