Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
The front one is intake. You need a strong plier to bend the metal away. Inside you will find a small spring and a piston. Take care with the spring, it is small. Polish the piston with fine sandpaper, cleanup, check there is no friction, assemble again using a hammer, hold the parts in right position firmly by your hand, hammer gently until the metal is back in position again. Voila....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bend metal collar away shown at black arrow, start where yellow arrow points
Thanks matey, tried and took be honest i have probably screwed myself as tried removing the gauze to see if there was a blockage. I looked at both old solenoids and they are obviously different part numbers. Annoyingly I can only find a single reference on the Internet to the part number which is in Polish for a second hand unit referenced as a kia 2 vvt solenoid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So I sourced an intake valve and the error seems to have gone, now I have a p2187. My suspicion is a have split the intake rubber when replacing all the cam sensors. In case anyone is in the same position and has to buy the intake valve, part number 243552B700 is the same. Same engine but apparently used in the rio 1.2. Difference is it cost me 30 from ebay not 200 that hyundai wanted!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Think I may have bought hyundais car! Replaced everything and still getting the error code and it stalls pretty much every other set of traffic lights. At a loss as to what to do next

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fitted new part, not stalling, power seems to be where it should be, still getting the error code and running out of ideas. Looked at torque diagnostic data and is throwing o2 sensor errors, could it be that?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Still getting p0011 and/or other error codes?

As far as I know, the camshaft is either retarded or advanced in relation to the crankshaft, controlled by the intake solenoid.

So if you still get that p0011 code, I guess the camshaft sensor maybe has a problem, or something is wrong with the electric connection to the intake solenoid - or the new part, you just fitted, does not fit your car.

I think the car can run pretty good, also without stalling, if the intake solenoid is stuck or keeps the camshaft stuck in a relative fixed position, but you get the code.

Did you erase the codes, and they come back again?

What is the type number for the old part?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts