Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Fyi, I ended up purchasing both cam sensors from eBay. They're likely to be the same as the ones the motor factor would supply anyway. I didn't get the cheapest, but picked both that were from known parts manufacturers. The cam speed sensor (39350-3F000) was £32. The cam position sensor (39350-2B030) was £24. Delivery expected mid next week.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Both sensors arrived mid week. I swapped the cam position sensor first (side of cylinder head) and took the car out for a 10 minute run, the engine check light came back on during the run. I plugged my code reader in when I got back home and the same errors were found P0011 and P0014.

I then changed the cam speed sensor (top of cam cover) and took the car out for a longer 20 minute run. The engine check light didn't come on during the run. In the past it re-appeared after a day or two so I won't get excited just yet and will see what happens during the week. I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Here's hoping you've cracked it well done.

The cam speed sensor (39350-3F000) at £32 will be my go to when this fault happens to me.
Rgds

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,705 Posts
Here's hoping you've cracked it
Yes, let's hope so. But like the man says...let's not get excited just yet :wink:

My reason for caution is the original code was P0011 which I think relates to the timing of the inlet cam. The sensor that "appears" to have cured the problem is the one on the exhaust cam, which doesn't seem to make much sense.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hi, the next day the code came back. Does anyone have any other suggestions or is it time to call it day? I can't think of any other minor parts that could possibly help.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Over to you AUTOSPARK.
It seems you were right again.
Rgds

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, i have a Hyundai i10 2011 G4LA 1.2 petrol 75k miles and it recently flagged up an error code "P0011 A camshaft position timing over-advanced or system performance Bank 1". I cleared it and it came back.

The last couple of years it's never played up until now and since the engine check light first showed up a couple of weeks ago it's had trouble starting twice but eventually did start. My mechanic advised to first service it and I also installed new plugs but after a week and around one hundred miles including a motorway trip it played up the second time.

I've only found one similar post which had two error codes and what i wondered is, can anyone tell me what cam sensor this code by itself relates to as there are two cam sensors? I'm happy to change them both but would prefer to target the right one. or is it something else? Any advice is welcome. Thank you.
Hi,

I have a Hyundai I10, 1.2 from 2011, that had stalling problems and came up with P0011, VVT problem on intake side.

The VVT is very expensive in Denmark (300US$), so I decided to try to look at the VVT and see if I could find the problem.

I compared the function with the VVT from the exhaust side by using an adjustable DC power supply and noticed that the intake VVT had difficulties in moving as freely as the exhaust VVT.

Then I disassembled the intake VVT by bending the metal away from the solenoid part so I could get access to the internal electromagnetic 'piston'.

This 'piston' didn't move freely due to just a little friction between the solenoid walls and the piston, so after polishing the piston just a litte by water sandpaper 1500 grid, the problem was solved.

I assembled the intake VVT again (hammering the metal back in position).

Now my car runs perfect again and never stalls :)

I think a lot of I10 suffer from the same problem

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
14,705 Posts
I assembled the intake VVT again...Now my car runs perfect again and never stalls :)
It's refreshing to hear about someone repairing a part rather than just swapping it out.
Good Job...both for the effective repair and for successfully diagnosing the cause of the stalling in the fist place.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, the next day the code came back. Does anyone have any other suggestions or is it time to call it day? I can't think of any other minor parts that could possibly help.
Hey matey,

Just bought one of these for my Mrs as a run about no error codes on dash and therefore thought i would take a punt, drove it 120 miles home and found performance was not what i expected in 5th gear, stuck odb reader on it and found same code you had (nothing on dash though), just wondering if you fixed this in the end? Just ordered a solenoid on ebay for £14 from china as a shot in the dark - I did remove and clean the old which made no diff.

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Changed both the solenoids and now the car stalls when at tick over and the error code is still there. Thinking of doing the sensors but can help but wonder if it is a timing chain tensioner issue

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I removed and cleaned the OCV yesterday and cleared the DTC code. Drove it twice today and the P0011 code came back on the second (short) run. My concern is that if the cam phasers are now beyond repair as GRCAuto eluded to, changing the OCV may not rectify the fault and I can't see cam phasers listed as an easily replaceable part.

I'd prefer not to throw good money after bad if this issue is bigger than assumed but if there's a chance that it could help I will. From what everyone has said, I get the impression that this definitely isn't the crank or cam sensors at fault. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get a price on the OCV replacement part either way.
My p0011 fault code was due to the cvvt having a friction problem inside the cvvt solenoid, which I solved by completely taking apart the solenoid and polishing the internal piston with 1500 grid sandpaper. Never had the problem again in 2 years. Before nearly every day. So in my case it had nothing to do with oil og gunk buildup

·
Registered
21 Posts
My p0011 fault code was due to the cvvt having a friction problem inside the cvvt solenoid, which I solved by completely taking apart the solenoid and polishing the internal piston with 1500 grid sandpaper. Never had the problem again in 2 years. Before nearly every day. So in my case it had nothing to do with oil og gunk buildup
Yeah I have fitted 2 new ones, there was definitely a friction issue in old ones as new ones move when shaken, old did not. Have just bought the sensors and will see what that does. Otherwise likely to be timing chain issue :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok, what do you mean by "now the car stalls when at tick over"?

Do you know the partnumbers for the cvvt solenoids you changed?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Amazing how being asked questions sparkes answers. When I first searched I couldn't find a difference between input and output sensors. Now I have searched and found they are separate part numbers.... Another item to order and try :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine was part number 24355-04000 for the intake side, 250 GBP in Denmark, difficult to find elsewhere unless I buy from Arabia! That's true. Dont know if the one you mention could be used as alternative in my case

·
Registered
21 Posts
The stalling started after changing the front mounted solenoid which I'm assuming is intake. So will look to find the appropriate to replace with. Love to know how you disassembled your solenoid. I tried but could not see how you take apart.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts