Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, took delivery of a new i10 3 months ago, and since new will crunch changing from 1st to 2nd gear if rushed, took it back a number of times, and told the car is normal, anyone else suffered from this, or do I need to pester Hyundai?

·
Registered
544 Posts
hi, took delivery of a new i10 3 months ago, and since new will crunch changing from 1st to 2nd gear if rushed, took it back a number of times, and told the car is normal, anyone else suffered from this, or do I need to pester Hyundai?
It was one of the (several) dislikes I had with mine when I owned it. That was some time ago. No joy when I complained. As you say, a leisurely change was need in order to achieve a smooth change. Too quick and there would be a "snick" as though the synchromesh was weak. It did it from brand new and didn't improve in the, relatively, short time I had it. Was pleased to be shot of the thing.

Whereabouts in Essex?

·
Registered
176 Posts
No gearchange crunch on my new i10,in fact it's one of the slickest gearboxes I have ever encountered.I have other issues though.Guess it's just luck of the draw,seems overall quality can be a bit variable on i10's.My first i10 was superb with no major issues and totally reliable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts