Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please tell me if it is a difficult job to change the fuel sender unit on a 2011 Hyundai I10 as the garage want to charge me nearly £400 for the job, I've had a look on a buy & sell site and the rough cost of the unit is only about £20 to £30, any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Keith.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've never had to change it, but I know that the sender unit is in the fuel tank with the pump (obvs) and the cover for the pump assembly is covered up and sealed with a silicone substance so you'd need to cut through that and reseal it back up. I can only guess this is because it stops any crud or fumes coming into the cabin from the tank which is under the rear seats.

I can't find anything in the workshop manual about replacing it so I guess it'd be a learning curve.

Having a look inline, the fuel sender unit is on the pump. It slides in a set of plastic guides. Looks easy enough to change, cant see where the wires are connected into though.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,298 Posts
£400 sounds awfully expensive. The job shouldn't take more than an hours labour + the cost of the part.

As trident_barclay says, the fuel level sensor slots into guides on the tank unit. The sensor usually comes with a connector that plugs into the bottom side of the tank unit top plate. The car's harness connector plugs into the top side of the plate. Once the tank unit is out of the tank, it only takes 5mins to actually swap over the sensors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts