Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if
there a fuel filter on the 1.2 i10 and if so where is it sited and when should it be replaced/cleaned?

I ask this for information purposes. My car is a 2011 Active Model. The car has 21600 miles on the clock.

Many thanks in anticipation
G

·
Registered
245 Posts
Does anyone know if
there a fuel filter on the 1.2 i10 and if so where is it sited and when should it be replaced/cleaned?

I ask this for information purposes. My car is a 2011 Active Model. The car has 21600 miles on the clock.

Many thanks in anticipation
G
Assuming the car is out of warranty and the car is playing up due to a dirty or blocked filter, otherwise take it back to the dealer.

Its part of the pump assm inside the fuel tank. You can remove the plastic bowl of the bottom of the pump and clean it out if its dirty. Make sure you torque the nuts up holding the pump inside the tank, they can strip real easy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Biscuit Thanks for your reply although I am a little confused. Perhaps if I explain further. My i10 is only two years old. The engine is a petrol 1.2. If as you say the fuel filter is in the fuel tank is a readily serviceable item? Do you have any pictures showing the filter location?

Thanks

G

·
Registered
245 Posts
Biscuit Thanks for your reply although I am a little confused. Perhaps if I explain further. My i10 is only two years old. The engine is a petrol 1.2. If as you say the fuel filter is in the fuel tank is a readily serviceable item? Do you have any pictures showing the filter location?

Thanks

G

If its 2 years old and you have an issue take it back to the dealer, fuel pumps ain't cheap !!

Its not difficult to remove, lift seat, remove black cover (stuck on with sealant), undo bolts, disconnect fuel and power, remove pump. Then you have a white plastic cover on the bottom of the pump which you remove to access a fixed filter. So in reality, its not a serviceable item hence why I'm curious you think the filter is causing issues.

I don't have any pics, I only recently had to pull mine out due to an unrelated issue.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i10 Fuel Filter

Thanks Biscuit for you latest reply.

I may have misled you on my reason for raising the question about fuel filter maintenance on my Active 1.2. I haven't got a problem as such with the filter it was just that I expected it to be a service replacement at some stage.

Anyway thanks again for the information.

G

·
Registered
245 Posts
Thanks Biscuit for you latest reply.

I may have misled you on my reason for raising the question about fuel filter maintenance on my Active 1.2. I haven't got a problem as such with the filter it was just that I expected it to be a service replacement at some stage.

Anyway thanks again for the information.

G
No problem. Its worth knowing in case your fuel tank ever gets contaminated 'once out of warranty'. Although there would have to be a lot of debris in there, the fuel pump is sprung resting on rubber feet with the filter sitting surprisingly high from the bottom of the tank. I should imagine if the engine stopped due to lack of fuel you would still have 3 litres left slushing around the floor of the tank.

·
Registered
57 Posts
As a matter of interest the Hyundai service sheet says the i10 1.2 fuel filter should be replaced every 6 years or 72,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts