Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught undergoing roadtesting in India by a Team-BHP.com member. This is the LHD model, good thing is that it has got new headlamp design (fingers crossed hope the "whirring" goes away for good), tail lamp looks different too.

[attachment=19260:spy_shot_i10_fl_2.jpg]
[attachment=19261:spy_shot_i10_fl_1.jpg]

Original thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-s...facelift-2.html

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
hmmm looks suspiciously like the current i10 with padding added to hide detail, seems the lights are same underneath the padding too

·
Registered
18 Posts
In this weeks Autocar I found the following
"
Hyundai to overhaul i10 range

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Hyundai will launch a revised i10 range at the Paris motor show next month, including a new 99g/km model.

This new 99g/km model will be the cheapest car with sub-100g/km CO2 emissions in the UK, according to Hyundai, “by some margin”.

A new 1.0-litre, four-cylinder petrol engine will power this model, which is in effect a smaller version of Hyundai’s 1.2-litre petrol unit equipped with variable valve timing. Despite its smaller displacement, Hyundai says this engine “is not a cheap unit, just a very efficient one”.

All i10 models will have their styling overhauled to take styling cues from the new ix35 crossover, including that car’s front headlight and front grille design. There will also be interior changes, although these will be less substantial than the exterior styling tweaks.

All of the i10’s engines will now be Euro 5 emissions compliant; the 1.2 petrol unit will be more powerful and have improved fuel economy and lower CO2 emissions.

The upgrade to Euro 5 means the 1.1-litre petrol engine will be deleted from the range, while the firm is still considering plans to introduce a three-cylinder engine to the i10 range."

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/252336/

Must say, I am very happy with my new arrival. And it has been voted Best City Car of 2010 by Auto Express magazine!
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/ne...yundai_i10.html

·
Registered
18 Posts
From Hyundai.com News Room -
"Another model making its world premiere at Paris is the new i10. This upgraded version of Hyundai’s popular city car benefits from a comprehensive set of enhancements in terms of design, specification and competiveness ? including a new 1.0-litre engine with CO2 emissions of just 99 g/km."

Thi is in addition to the ix20 B-segment MPV

·
Registered
122 Posts
Let us hope the body upgrades don't c*ck it up too much.

Front lights / grille like the crossover thing. (Ix35??)

Wouldn't that make it look like a Ford Ka / Fiesta that had been smacked into a wall?

More power AND economy for 1.2, hope they haven't lost the nice torquey feel.

Before the I10 my wife had a 06 Jazz that had many qualities such as lovely clean shape and interior.
All it needed was a decent engine and someone to sort out the suspension. Perhaps make the rear seat slide?

Honda changed the whole body shape therefore losing it's main asset and it still rides and handles poorly. The sales of the new one reflect this.

BTW Lady Wife much prefers her I10 anyway!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hyundai i10 facelift revealed

Hyundai has revealed its facelifted i10 ahead of its motor show debut at Paris later this month.

Like the new ix20 MPV that’s also been revealed today, the revised i10 features styling cues at the front taken from the firm’s ix35 crossover. Changes include a design for the front headlights and a new hexagonal grille.

The interior has received a small upgrade, too, although the changes are not as extensive as those to the exterior.

The most significant under-the-skin change is the addition of a new 68bhp, 1.0-litre, three-cylinder engine with sub-100g/km CO2 emissions. Hyundai claims it will be the cheapest 99g/km car on sale in the UK.

An 86bhp 1.2-litre petrol unit is also offered, while the 1.1 petrol engine has been dropped from the range.

The new i10 range goes on sale in UK on 2 January.

Bron: http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle/AllCars/252766/

·
Registered
855 Posts
The 2013 i10 has been spotted by Auto express heavily camouflaged. Rear parking sensors is an obvious difference, looks like round fog lights again or it could be only round holes were cut out, radio aerial has been moved to the rear and side panel indicator lights have gone I guess to the door mirrors.

Hyundai i10 spied | Auto Express

·
Registered
18 Posts
And this week Autocar says it has begun testing "ahead of its launch in 2014. The new i10, sister car to the Kia Picanto launched last year, is tipped to be longer both overall and in its wheelbase than the current car."

1 - 20 of 22 Posts