Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a brand new i10, which has run 1600 kms.

I am facing below issue intermittently since past few days -

While the car is running, when I stop giving acceleration, the car decelerates suddenly, as if someone is applying brake. Normally, the deceleration should be uniform. However, that is not the case. Also, I feel light vibration on clutch, accelerator paddle when I get this issue.

I have observed that this issue generally comes up when I am stuck in heavy traffic and the car runs on 1st/2nd gear for some time.

Has anyone faced similar issue ? What could be the problem here ?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If your car was older I'd chalk it up to worn wheel bearings or a stuck brake...but being brand new, that may not seem likely.

I assume it's a manual right? And the clutch is disengaged/transmission is in neutral? If not you could be in a low gear and engine braking.

Lastly, could it be your stability control kicking in?

Sorry, I can't be more helpful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi ronallan,

Thanks for the reply.

The car is manual. The car is not in neutral in this situation. It is engaged in a gear, but the clutch is not pressed or partially pressed, and accelerator is not pressed.

I don't think its engine braking as this happens in all gear positions - 1 to 4.

The car is usually smooth, however, it feels very rough in this case.

I didn't get how stability control would come into picture. Can you elaborate ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have understood the issue. The point that is coming out here is somewhat like your brakes are touching the tyre which is opposing the car from being accelerated. As you accelerate the car, the force of acceleration becomes more and it leads to the movement of car. But as you left the car at idle, the friction comes into existence and degrades the car acceleration.
here I will suggest you to get in touch with the nearest service center and get the problem solved as soon as possible because this problem will degrade your brake's life and car's too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi ronallan,

Thanks for the reply.

The car is manual. The car is not in neutral in this situation. It is engaged in a gear, but the clutch is not pressed or partially pressed, and accelerator is not pressed.

I don't think its engine braking as this happens in all gear positions - 1 to 4.

The car is usually smooth, however, it feels very rough in this case.

I didn't get how stability control would come into picture. Can you elaborate ?
I think you are engine braking:

- You are not in neutral;
- You are in gear, 1-4 as you have pointed out;
- Clutch pedal is not pressed/partially pressed (so transmission is engaged to engine);
- Accelerator pedal is not pressed (so no engine power).

In this situation the resistance from the engine's cylinders is slowing the car down. Depending on what gear you're in, it can either be smooth or abrupt. If the revs are too low (near or even below idle speed), it can cause vibrations/roughness as the engine is being stalled.

Not 100% sure as I can't see it actually happening, but from your description, it seems like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts