Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A slightly strange quirk of my i10 is that the head and sidelights are auto switched off when you remove ignition key, then open door to exit. A slightly awkward bodge to bypass this...climb out of the Passenger side door....the auto switch is only fitted to the Drivers door :)

Handy if you have to briefly park at night on a dark road.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for advising of this. I didn't know its only the drivers door. You never know when that may come in handy(I like any way to be more lazy):)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think you'll find that you don't have to get out the passenger door. All you've got to do is switch your lights off, open the drivers door and switch the side lights on. This will keep your parking lights on when you get out and close the door. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Owner's Manual​
4 41
Features of your vehicle
D190100AUN
Battery saver function
(if equipped)
• The purpose of this feature is to prevent
the battery from being discharged.
The system automatically
turns off the exterior lights when the
driver removes the ignition key and
opens the driver-side door.
• With this feature, the parking lights will
be turned off automatically if the driver
parks on the side of road at night.
If necessary, to keep the lights on
when the ignition key is removed, perform
the following:
1) Open the driver-side door.
2) Turn the parking lights OFF and ON
again using the light switch on the
steering column.
D190400AUN

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/205-i10-forum/104852-tips-tricks-i10-2.html#post1201662

·
Registered
855 Posts
Lol. Next task is to find out how to leave the side lights on without leaving the internal dash illumination on and save on battery discharge. A night fisherman was asking if this was possible a few months ago, I don't think it was and it was suggested to leave bike LEDs on the car instead.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts