Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have had my new i10 classic for two weeks now, and can't find out if a burglar alarm is fitted? I know it has an immobilizer, but as you have to arm it using the key in the door, the flashers don't flash as they would do with a wireless immobilizer (ie the Comfort) and there is no flashing alarm light on the dash? so making me think there isn't one fitted. I know the Comfort has one on board, so I would like to fit one as an extra deterrent.

Grampz

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi Grampz :00000732: to the i10 club :thumbsup:

I don't think the classic has an alarm? I could be wrong about this but I think the standard one is armed via the remote keyfob and activated by a door or boot being opened without de-activation. It's only a voltage sensor job with horn pulsation anyway so an aftermarket one would be more than effective and cheap enough for piece of mind. Also the immob. is de/activated by the key out/in the ignition not the door being locked.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Coombs @ Oct 21 2010, 04:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365238
Hi Grampz :00000732: to the i10 club :thumbsup:

I don't think the classic has an alarm? I could be wrong about this but I think the standard one is armed via the remote keyfob and activated by a door or boot being opened without de-activation. It's only a voltage sensor job with horn pulsation anyway so an aftermarket one would be more than effective and cheap enough for piece of mind. Also the immob. is de/activated by the key out/in the ignition not the door being locked.
Thanks for your reply Coombs

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (Grampz @ Oct 21 2010, 03:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365216
Hi all, I have had my new i10 classic for two weeks now, and can't find out if a burglar alarm is fitted? I know it has an immobilizer, but as you have to arm it using the key in the door, the flashers don't flash as they would do with a wireless immobilizer (ie the Comfort) and there is no flashing alarm light on the dash? so making me think there isn't one fitted. I know the Comfort has one on board, so I would like to fit one as an extra deterrent.

Grampz

No alarm fitted to the classic. But if you want an alarm on your classic then you can get an alarm (cat 1, better than the i10 factory fit) plus remote controlled central locking, fully fitted for less than £200. Just do a search on ebay, I have that T shirt from when I owned a Classic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts