Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
We bought a brand new i10 1.25 87 bhp 4 months ago. The car currently has 3400 km. For the first 1500-2000 km I've used the recommended driving regimes from the user manual - kept it between 2 and 4 K rpm, never at the same speed for a long time. With this I got 500+ km range with one tank (cc 31 l until the low fuel light came on) which would translate to about 6 l per 100 km of combined city and open road driving every day.

After the break-in I started driving it as I was taught to learn all petrol cars. Always hold it at around 2200-2300 rpm for best consumption.

But what that did to my consumption is I now get barely 450 km per a full tank. Almost 7 l per 100 km.

So I don't know if these new small engines should be run at higher rpms, maybe 3000-3500 for best consumption?

I'd love to hear some experiences and tips for this as extra 80 km per tank would actually be a world of difference for the purpose of this car. Btw it's a manual.

Other than that, we love it, got it in a comfort plus package (everything but medianav and safety electronic systems) in a morning glory blue, and if I can get the consumption back to 6 l per 100 km I'd be as happy as a clam!

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hi everyone!
We bought a brand new i10 1.25 87 bhp 4 months ago. The car currently has 3400 km. For the first 1500-2000 km I've used the recommended driving regimes from the user manual - kept it between 2 and 4 K rpm, never at the same speed for a long time. With this I got 500+ km range with one tank (cc 31 l until the low fuel light came on) which would translate to about 6 l per 100 km of combined city and open road driving every day.

After the break-in I started driving it as I was taught to learn all petrol cars. Always hold it at around 2200-2300 rpm for best consumption.

But what that did to my consumption is I now get barely 450 km per a full tank. Almost 7 l per 100 km.

So I don't know if these new small engines should be run at higher rpms, maybe 3000-3500 for best consumption?

I'd love to hear some experiences and tips for this as extra 80 km per tank would actually be a world of difference for the purpose of this car. Btw it's a manual.

Other than that, we love it, got it in a comfort plus package (everything but medianav and safety electronic systems) in a morning glory blue, and if I can get the consumption back to 6 l per 100 km I'd be as happy as a clam!
Drive it like you did during the break in period. There's little difference between early and after mpg.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts