Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe SE (Earthy Bronze) with factory trailer hitch.
55 Posts
I think with any brand you'll find a certain number of people who swear they are unhappy and won't buy again. From the reports I've seen Toyotas are still very reliable but a growing number of industry reviews are increasingly critical of some of Toyotas products as now lagging the competition in a number of areas - such as power trains where their na engines don't make good power until high in the rpm range and the result is increased nvh.
As an owner/Driver of 2 Toyotas, I can say they are fairly reliable. My gripe with them is the horrible clearcoats they used. On the red 06 Toyota pick-up, the headlights also have this clearcoat. It turns yellow and deteriorates. I can chip it of the body with my fingers. Absolutely dreadful. But my black Corolla (08) doesn't have the issue on the headlights, but the body has the same crappy clearcoat.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
As an owner/Driver of 2 Toyotas, I can say they are fairly reliable. My gripe with them is the horrible clearcoats they used. On the red 06 Toyota pick-up, the headlights also have this clearcoat. It turns yellow and deteriorates. I can chip it of the body with my fingers. Absolutely dreadful. But my black Corolla (08) doesn't have the issue on the headlights, but the body has the same crappy clearcoat.
One thing I must admit, as a fan boy of Toyota, I actually think the interior of the Hyundai is more robust and holds up a lot better. That's just my experience. Also the Hyundai seem to have a better suspension over all----comparing my few Toyota's to my Wife's Hyundai with 140K miles on----If they could just make a reliable engine!

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe SE (Earthy Bronze) with factory trailer hitch.
55 Posts
One thing I must admit, as a fan boy of Toyota, I actually think the interior of the Hyundai is more robust and holds up a lot better. That's just my experience. Also the Hyundai seem to have a better suspension over all----comparing my few Toyota's to my Wife's Hyundai with 140K miles on----If they could just make a reliable engine!
My wife absolutely loves Toyotas, but she also love all the tech inside the '19 Santa Fe. The seats are great, and I have had little to zero problems with Hyundai, except the steering column in the Sonata had to be replace after it was a year old. I just hate the way I was treated at the dealership, and I gave a call to "Corporate" but never heard back. Maybe if I had the 2.0T Ultimate, they would have responded, but who cares about the "Base trim" buyers, right?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts