Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to lower my SFS tastefully, maybe 2 inches from each corner. Do we have a vendor that specializes in this?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You realize it will void your warranty?

And may have insurance implcations in case of a claim?
Nope. Read the magnuson-moss warranty act.

"According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty of your vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of or contributed to the failure of the vehicle (15 U.S.C. 2302 (C)). This means that a vehicle's warranty cannot be "voided;" the dealer can only deny a claim if the stock part failed due to damage or unreasonable use."

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Nope. Read the magnuson-moss warranty act.

"According to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty of your vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part was the cause of or contributed to the failure of the vehicle (15 U.S.C. 2302 (C)). This means that a vehicle's warranty cannot be "voided;" the dealer can only deny a claim if the stock part failed due to damage or unreasonable use."

From the Hyundai warranty, section 5 in part:

"Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
- Parts or accessories used in applications for which they
were not designed or not approved by HMA."

Read the whole thing.

MM Act does not apply to modifications from the original design.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'm looking to lower my SFS tastefully, maybe 2 inches from each corner. Do we have a vendor that specializes in this?
Have you looked at Shark Racing? They specialize in Hyundai/Kia aftermarket and I do see that they carry lowering springs for the Santa Fe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts