Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks. I haven't been in the forum much lately, but today I had the urge to upgrade. Traded my GLS with nav package. Picked up a Grand Touring 3.8 gen coupe with full package. Got $12000 for the sonata. Sonata was and is a great car and lots of bang for the buck, but it just wasn't worth putting in more money to upgrade for me. I miss having four doors but love having rear wheel drive and a deep throaty exhaust. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388461914.755204.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388461935.387074.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388461948.182847.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1388461958.770706.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
22,793 Posts
You'd better get those white flakes of "whatever" outta the front passenger seat! Sacrilege! You get a free pass on your first day, but that's all. Next time I see that gorgeous thing looking like that, you're gonna get grounded for a week, youngster! If you've got enough money left to buy Starbucks, you can afford fity cents for a vacuum over at the car wash! Seriously! I never... :wink2:

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL, least of the problems. The detailer got the front end hooked on a parking stone and it is mildly wrecked before I ever left the dealer. Will have to go back tomorrow for the under panel and hardware replaced. Took 4 salesmen to lift it up by hand to unhook it. Panel is bent in half, I was a little upset but **** happens and I hope this is the only thing that ever happens to it.

·
22,793 Posts
LOL, least of the problems. The detailer got the front end hooked on a parking stone and it is mildly wrecked before I ever left the dealer. Will have to go back tomorrow for the under panel and hardware replaced. Took 4 salesmen to lift it up by hand to unhook it. Panel is bent in half, I was a little upset but **** happens and I hope this is the only thing that ever happens to it.
Don't take this wrong, but GOOD! You got it out of the way early, at someone else's expense and learned a valuable lesson. Now, you can enjoy the Gen with no more problems. If life was only this easy, right?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lucky! If I could afford it and owed less on my sonata id have a Gen coupe too. I guess ill just have to live with my sonata and chevette for awhile. lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
You'd better get those white flakes of "whatever" outta the front passenger seat! Sacrilege! You get a free pass on your first day, but that's all. Next time I see that gorgeous thing looking like that, you're gonna get grounded for a week, youngster! If you've got enough money left to buy Starbucks, you can afford fity cents for a vacuum over at the car wash! Seriously! I never... :wink2:
You certainly are all about having a clean vehicle. You would banish me to Siberia. My car only gets washed when it rains. (Except in winter when I use a drive thru to keep my car from becoming a salt lick)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lucky! If I could afford it and owed less on my sonata id have a Gen coupe too. I guess ill just have to live with my sonata and chevette for awhile. lol
I went down this road for 30 years. When opportunity comes you jump on it. All these years I bought with cost or family needs in mind. Now that my daughter is grown up and working it made life a little more flexible for me and I made the big change in cars. Your chance to get what you want will come and you will be even happier. Heck, I couldn't fall asleep till 2am I was so happy. The sonata is a great car and a good choice, a stepping stone for us all.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport
2,291 Posts
Insanely jealous of the OP.

Congrats on the Genny and hope you enjoy it. The 3.8 is a sleeper and it will not let you down.

And being in Florida, I would hope to see those windows tinted black very soon!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We all have our barriers that delay us from getting what we want. But in time we all get around them. When y'all upgrade it will be something newer and better than mine and I will be the jealous one again lol.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Insanely jealous of the OP.

Congrats on the Genny and hope you enjoy it. The 3.8 is a sleeper and it will not let you down.

And being in Florida, I would hope to see those windows tinted black very soon!
I plan to. Most of the day while at work it is parked under cover and shade.

And thanks to all for the compliments. I am bone tired, couldn't fall asleep till 2am and got up at 4:30. And now at the dealer taking care if minor defects in the spoiler paint and the under panel they bent last night from parking it wrong.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I plan to. Most of the day while at work it is parked under cover and shade.

And thanks to all for the compliments. I am bone tired, couldn't fall asleep till 2am and got up at 4:30. And now at the dealer taking care if minor defects in the spoiler paint and the under panel they bent last night from parking it wrong.

Beautiful. Good luck with it. I've toyed with the idea of getting that exact car but now I'm leaning towards the Azera. Love the coupe but not really practical for me.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Beautiful. Good luck with it. I've toyed with the idea of getting that exact car but now I'm leaning towards the Azera. Love the coupe but not really practical for me.
I had thought about the Azera a few times, Very classy car. Base model is still loaded and the price difference to the tech package is not that big and is enticing. For me I have always like RWD over FWD and that removed the Azera from my list, Had it been a RWD I might have gotten it.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I had thought about the Azera a few times, Very classy car. Base model is still loaded and the price difference to the tech package is not that big and is enticing. For me I have always like RWD over FWD and that removed the Azera from my list, Had it been a RWD I might have gotten it.
The 3.8 in the coupe must be nice.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 3.8 in the coupe must be nice.
When asked or inquired I will talk about the car, Otherwise I will refrain so as not to be viewed as bragging or boasting. I did test drive the 2.0 and it has a lot of giddy up, but lacks the nice rumble at the rear.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
When asked or inquired I will talk about the car, Otherwise I will refrain so as not to be viewed as bragging or boasting. I did test drive the 2.0 and it has a lot of giddy up, but lacks the nice rumble at the rear.
Apples and oranges I'm sure. Happy new year.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts