Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone chime in and tell me whether I have created a problem

2005 Tucson 2.7 L with ABS

The rear left caliper was removed, and the brake hose was disconnected..

After a couple Hours, it was reconnected, and during the bleeding procedure, with the engine running, there was never really any amount of fluid, coming out of the bleeder screw...

And of course now when the car is driven the brakes are not operating properly..

Is it possible air got into the ABS unit??

What would be the best way to go about dealing with this , I have read elsewhere, that the ABS/TCS unit has to be put into a Bleed Mode, in order to properly get the air ou

whacker

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, did you ever find anything out about this? I'm have a very similar issue with my 2006 Hyundai Tucson GL 2.0L.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
When bleeding brakes, leave ignition off. Have someone pump the brake pedal until it is very stiff and hold pressure on it. Then crack the bleeder screw. You should get lots of fluid coming out and hopefully some air. After a couple runs with no air, close it off and check the brake fluid reservoir and fill if needed. Move on to the other rear wheel and do the same. If you got no air out, then repeat the process on the front, one wheel at a time. If you did get air out, or after bleeding all 4 wheels, test drive and see if your brakes are back to normal. If not, you may want to take it to a trusted garage/brake shop.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts