Hyundai Forums banner

I Pod Question

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  maybemymelody 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I now have my new i 20 Comfort and so far so good! Still getting used to driving it as it is bigger than my last car but doing well and the kids love it!

I have tried using the ipod though we only have a shuffle. Have tried using the connector thing but it doesn't seem to fit.

Maybe a shuffle doesn't work? Do I need a Nano?

If so I will stick to the CD player, it's great.

Melody

#4 ·
QUOTE (Mr Pogle @ Jul 11 2010, 06:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340820
Congrats on your new car :thumbsup:

What lead are you trying to use to connect your shuffle?
I was just using the lead that came with the car. It fits the car end, but the bit on the other end is far too big for the shuffle?

Not sure what else I need? Or is it just not going to work with a shuffle?

Thanks x

#7 ·
hi all. new here, ive had my new i20 comfort for around 3 months now and still cant work my ipod or iphone on it. my mate plugged his nano in and it worked fine, he has the newest nano and it works great. i have the new touch and new iphone but neither seem to work. it says "reading usb connection" then nothing. my ipod starts charging, then disconnects, then charges etc. any help would be great! thanks.

#8 ·
In response to the original question, due to its size the iPod shuffle has a different connection to the nano, classic, iPod touch. iPhone etc.

The lead that came with the car will plug into any of the other iPods with the standard socket, although to use your shuffle you will need to buy a cable with a 3.5pm jack at each end.

Will only cost a few quid but the small downside is that you won't be able to flick between songs using the cars stereo controls, you'd need to change song by pushing the button on the iPod itself.

I got my i20 last week and have to say I'm very impressed with how it integrates with my iPhone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.