Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2011 Santa Fe i have two cables one from Hyundai and one from Apple to connect my phone, has anyone tried to hide the i phone cables, and if so can you post Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
How are you using your phone in your car? Are you not using the Bluetooth facility? Does your radio not have Bluethooth? I was concerned that the socket position was not convenient and had the socket moved to behind the radio and had it accessed from the "coin box" in the top of the dash. I then blanked the hole left by the socket with a blanking plate available from the dealer. Is that what you meant by hiding?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Yellowhat for the reply,what you described is what i was thinking of doing, yes i do use bluetooth, i use the cables to listen to my music. I have no other issues with my phone or bluetooth.Thanks again

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Maggiem

I have the iphone 5 and a 2012 SE Trbo with the nav. and I have to use the cable provided by Hyundai. The one from the Iphone will not wotk with the nav. system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ok I tried to upload these earlier and realised they wouldn't load because i shoot practically everything in raw and they were too large. This is a lot more convenient and I keep an ipod in the car permanently apart from when I need to update after new purchases. You'll notice I have a bracket there too as I still need to glance at my phone for text based messages but can plug my phone into the system just as easily as the iPod. I just prefer to have them separate. I can also (with my head unit) just bluetooth my music across from the phone itself. Hope this helps

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts