Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy Thanksgiving all

Went for an oil change and tire rotation yesterday. Service advisor came out in a little while holding two absolutely filthy filters, engine and cabin. Said they needed replacing. I thought to my self that's odd, I had changed them myself just prior to my last oil change and couldn't understand how they could be so dirty.. I asked how much and the price for both was over $80, I told him NO, I would take care of it myself.

On the way home I went to my local auto parts store and picked up new filters, decided to change the engine air filter while I was there in the parking lot and when I pulled it out, IT WAS CLEAN and definitely not the same filter I was shown.

Needless to say I will be calling the dealer on Monday and demand I talk to the service and general manager for an explanation of why they are trying to scam customers. I was actually thinking of buying a new vehicle from them, but no longer.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Sorry to say, not all, but they've done it for years. Could give many stories of the scams, but best
preventative is what you have done, be knowledgeable about the components in your car.
Also, mark the oil filter before taking it in for service, and when tire rotation is part of the service,
mark the inside of the tires, or note the location of any marks on the wheels to be certain the service
has been done.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,847 Posts
I gave instruction to skip filters and air pressure checks! Because I can do that better and cheaper than them :LOL:, and no point of getting dirty by checking their workmanship.

·
Registered
55 Posts
It’s a shame so many dealers are crooked. I had an oil change done in July 2022 and they forgot to change the oil filter.

How did I know? I was the last one to change the oil and I used a FRAM oil filter. Much to my surprise they left it on there.

I hope the dealer compensates you. Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Another big time scam is brake pads, especially with women. They scared my wife she and my kids were in danger of an accident due to worn brake pads, when I checked them the day before, and were almost like new. If she hadn't found me, she'd have agreed to change them. It was a Lincoln Navigator with 11K miles. Talked to the GM, and never bought another vehicle from that dealer. All of those scams have to be condoned by higher ups IMO, since dealers make the bulk of the money.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It’s a shame so many dealers are crooked. I had an oil change done in July 2022 and they forgot to change the oil filter.

How did I know? I was the last one to change the oil and I used a FRAM oil filter. Much to my surprise they left it on there.

Name of the dealership?
Why? Are you planning to visit us in Florida to get your vehicle serviced? I see no reason to do that here or I would have but I will take care of "it" locally after I speak with the management.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry to say, not all, but they've done it for years. Could give many stories of the scams, but best
preventative is what you have done, be knowledgeable about the components in your car.
Also, mark the oil filter before taking it in for service, and when tire rotation is part of the service,
mark the inside of the tires, or note the location of any marks on the wheels to be certain the service
has been done.
Yes we have one rim that has some minor rash that we keep track of for rotations.

·
Registered
2011 Santa Fe 3.5L
43 Posts
Why? Are you planning to visit us in Florida to get your vehicle serviced? I see no reason to do that here or I would have but I will take care of "it" locally after I speak with the management.
There are certainly forum readers here that reside in Florida and visitors to your state that would like to know which specific dealership caused you such grief. You're not required to share that info, but it could be useful for others. That's the reason......

·
Registered
960 Posts
In disbelief that the product was mine, I would have asked to see my engine compartment, for verification purposes that the nasty looking filter this service tech was holding was indeed mine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
buddylpal said:

cb900f2 said:
Name of the dealership?

Not exactly sure why you quoted me lol.

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited 2.4L
311 Posts
Well I live in Florida and would like to know. Maybe the city/town and other info that would help identify wihout you having to worry about legal action.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts