Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the low beams (H7), DRL (H7) and fog (H8) bulbs (not HID) to 8000k. Where is a good place to buy them ? I found some H7's on ebay but no H8. I would prefer to buy them all from the same place to save on shipping. Please correct me if i'm wrong about the bulb types.

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE (Vinnny @ Apr 19 2010, 07:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314755
I want to replace the low beams (H7), DRL (H7) and fog (H8) bulbs (not HID) to 8000k. Where is a good place to buy them ? I found some H7's on ebay but no H8. I would prefer to buy them all from the same place to save on shipping. Please correct me if i'm wrong about the bulb types.

Thanks
Ebay. Don't do it though. You'll have less light output since all those really are is tint put over a normal bulb. It's ricey. You have a nice car, do it the right way (HIDs)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (legacy @ Apr 20 2010, 11:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314932
Ebay. Don't do it though. You'll have less light output since all those really are is tint put over a normal bulb. It's ricey. You have a nice car, do it the right way (HIDs)
I had bulbs in my other cars and had no problem. I don't want spend more money for hid's on a lease vehicle. I'll be happy with just the bulbs. I found H7's on ebay but no H8 8000k bulbs..

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (Vinnny @ Apr 20 2010, 04:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315069
I had bulbs in my other cars and had no problem. I don't want spend more money for hid's on a lease vehicle. I'll be happy with just the bulbs. I found H7's on ebay but no H8 8000k bulbs..
I was thinking of doing the same, but reviews of the bulbs are talking about pretty short life; especially the Silver Stars. The reviews of the GE are somewhat better, but I'm not too fond of replacing bulbs even every 6mo or so.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (jsmit86 @ Apr 20 2010, 05:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315070
I was thinking of doing the same, but reviews of the bulbs are talking about pretty short life; especially the Silver Stars. The reviews of the GE are somewhat better, but I'm not too fond of replacing bulbs even every 6mo or so.

I always had good luck with bulbs (even cheap ones on ebay). Never had a bulb go bad. Longest time was on a 4Runner which was a 4 year lease.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts