Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What fun do you have in the backyard? I have a backyard, there are some trees, bushes and a nice patio for a barbecue and picnic. I want to add some fun, because besides that there is nothing more to eat and sit there. Any tips?

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
What fun do you have in the backyard? I have a backyard, there are some trees, bushes and a nice patio for a barbecue and picnic. I want to add some fun, because besides that there is nothing more to eat and sit there. Any tips?
Might depend on where your backyard is located? Mine is in central lower Michigan. I fish and hunt in my backyard.

Best practices for requesting help:If you haven't done so fill in your vehicle info and profile page. At upper right corner under the search box click on user cp (it's your control panel)
This info will show up to the left under your user name and is very helpful.
BE SURE TO ADD YOUR LOCATION SO WE KNOW WHAT MARKET YOU ARE IN.

• Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
  • Do a search for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
  • Do not double post for the same problem.
  • Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
  • Take a single issue at a time. Posting multiple issues at once will get convoluted very quickly
  • VIN number can be very helpful
  • Vehicle history can be good. How many miles. If not bought new, how many have you put on it.
  • Describe the problem best you can. If a noise can you get a sound or video file
  • Tell us what has been done, if anything, thus far. If tests have been performed give actual results not OK or passed. If scanned for codes the actual code(s) not O2 sensor or MAF, Etc.
  • If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you could post a picture of that invoice/bill
  • If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's a problem they see many times they will generate a safety recall or TSB. This is how they know of the problem.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The idea with the pool is just great! But only if space permits in the backyard. I have, for example, not a big backyard. The garden occupies the most part, there are a lot of fruit trees there, sometimes we bring a grill and several sun loungers there. As for entertainment for the backyard - maybe a simple swing for children, any outdoor activity that takes up a bit of space, such as darts, I recently chose darts, chose winmau, I found a review article on the portal HikeZone, I liked this idea, but I wouldn't recommend buying darts if you have small children. You also buy table tennis for the backyard, I know that many people like it.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Let's see, fun costs $$$.

My next home will have a hot tub in the backyard.

I am also thinking of going back into flying model helicopters and a backyard is a good as place as any to practice my hovering skills.

I like playing with nitro powered model trucks and have always wanted to setup a course in my backyard.

Fire ring to sit around in the evenings and shoot the breeze is also something I wouldn't mind having one day in my b'yard.

Currently, my backyard is my two large dog's bathroom and the only fun I have is cleaning up after them ;-)

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
Pools are expensive. Pumps have to run for hours a day, chemicals and maintenance can add up. We can't even use ours and it's costing $80 a month for service and the electricity it uses.

Shade, seating, a grill. Bocchi is a fun game. Corn hole toss. Big box stores always have an outdoor fun section.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Your post inspired me to change my backyard. I have a part of the yard that I practically don't use, so I want to make a grill zone there. I want to make a gazebo, a fire pit and a place for grilling and barbecue. I have almost already thought of everything, but it remains for me to decide what kind of lighting to do there. There is no electricity in this part of the yard. Before I start building a gazebo, I want to get advice on what would be better - to conduct electricity in this part of the yard, use LED spotlights on batteries, or install solar lamps like these https://bestlightguide.com/best-solar-landscape-lights/ ? How do you think? It seems to me that solar lamps are the most economical, but they are quite expensive. I'm not sure that we will spend a lot of time in the gazebo, once or twice a week.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a solution to this problem. I have only a patio in my backyard and we mostly play board games. So we usually spend time in the backyard. I always try to make it fun. We also often take pictures in the backyard, so I need to have the most beautiful background there. My patio is separated from the house by beautiful bushes. These bushes used to grow in pots, but I decided to plant them in the ground. I want to make a beautiful fence around them, I found a description of the landscape edges here https://greatyardmaster.com/best-landscape-edging/ . It seems to me that this will help make my backyard more beautiful. What do you think?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone, my name is Dave. Since childhood I play football and love fishing! Be sure to advise you to use the best leggings! Even if you go to the store! You can use them as warm socks or foot protection! Nowadays, anything can happen. Hike Zone

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hammock,swing, gazebo?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts