Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of questions for the technological savvy, I'll like to upgrade my speakers and add a subwoofer (the last one with on 1/2 channel amp). By any chance anybody on the forum have an idea on the audio wiring? or even better a diagram and probably a basic idea how to do this ? I also saw on www.koreanautoimports.com a kit that moves the stereo and a/c controls to a lower level and you can add a 7 inch screen in the top to make it look almost as good that the original navigation system, the only reason that I ask this is because all the controls for the stereo are in the steering wheel and the bluetooth audio, out of this world !!! So I really wanna keep the stereo and add a nice navi on the car, I'll probably dont even run any oudio from the navi, because i don't need the audio or the bluetooth that usually come in this units. Ideas accepted. thanks family...

By the way this is the kit I'm talking about,link.
http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/pro...roducts_id=4370

·
Registered
623 Posts
I say you go big and get the iPad installed!

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (Ayces @ Jul 10 2010, 04:53 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340478
I say you go big and get the iPad installed!

Oh, come on! Everybody knows nothing works with an apple product but apple products!

:Enters Steve Jobs:

"We are excited to introduce our next technological venture.... the iCar!!!" :huh:

·
Registered
623 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Jul 10 2010, 10:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340559
Oh, come on! Everybody knows nothing works with an apple product but apple products!

:Enters Steve Jobs:

"We are excited to introduce our next technological venture.... the iCar!!!" :huh:
Could call it the Hyunda-iCar!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't have a sub at this moment, my car comes just with 6 speakers, no sub. Awesome photoshop with the iPad, I would like that :grin: . Thanks to the guy who give me info about Crutfield. Thanks family !

By the way someone mention here in the forums about the hidden enclosure for the subwoofer, that sounds good also, so far anybody add the kit for the screen. I f someone got it done, can I see some pics, once again thanks to everybody.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
cruthfield is actuall the expensive way to go, SonicElectronix is a lot easier on the pocket. for wireing harnesses id look around the metra wireing harness site, chances are that is what you would get from crutchfield anyway.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
QUOTE (zoomiezz @ Jul 11 2010, 02:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340699
cruthfield is actuall the expensive way to go, SonicElectronix is a lot easier on the pocket. for wireing harnesses id look around the metra wireing harness site, chances are that is what you would get from crutchfield anyway.
Yup, go with Sonix.
My stereo I bought for our '07 Accent went **** up after 6 months they replaced it no problem.

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (zoomiezz @ Jul 11 2010, 03:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340699
You can still call Crutchfield and order all the car tear apart directions, harnesses/speaker brackects as a package even if you didnt buy the audio equipment from them. I have done that before.

·
Registered
33 Posts
QUOTE (Daddy_O @ Jul 9 2010, 06:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340363
Couple of questions for the technological savvy, I'll like to upgrade my speakers and add a subwoofer (the last one with on 1/2 channel amp). By any chance anybody on the forum have an idea on the audio wiring? or even better a diagram and probably a basic idea how to do this ? I also saw on www.koreanautoimports.com a kit that moves the stereo and a/c controls to a lower level and you can add a 7 inch screen in the top to make it look almost as good that the original navigation system, the only reason that I ask this is because all the controls for the stereo are in the steering wheel and the bluetooth audio, out of this world !!! So I really wanna keep the stereo and add a nice navi on the car, I'll probably dont even run any oudio from the navi, because i don't need the audio or the bluetooth that usually come in this units. Ideas accepted. thanks family...

By the way this is the kit I'm talking about,link.
http://www.koreanautoimports.com/store/pro...roducts_id=4370
That kit looks great! If you or anyone else ends up getting this, could you please share your thoughts (and pictures!) about how it is?

By the way, what navi system were you thinking about getting for the screen?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also want to add a subwoofer into my sonata, but i'm still trying my best to learn about what amps work with my current subwoofer that i have. I was wondering if anyone could let me know if this setup would work? I mostly get confused with the ohms and what not my sub is 6ohm dvc. Not sure what to do regarding mono/2channel this and that. Thanks for any help anyone could provide!!

AMP: ECLIPSE XA 1200
XA Series Class D Monoblock Car Amplifier with ICE Technology
RMS Power Rating:
4 ohms: 350 watts x 1 chan.
2 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan.
Max power output: 600 watts
MOSFET switching power supply
ICEpower class D design

SUB: Audiobahn Alum10 Q
120 oz. Double Stacked Strontium Magnets
Power Handling: 800 watts R.M.S.
Frequency Response: 20Hz – 500Hz
Efficiency: 95.6dB
PHAT 1.75" EPDM Rubber Surround
Spun Aluminum Cone
3" 4-Layer ASV Voice Coil
Dual 6 Ohm
3 Ohm or 12 Ohm Operation

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE (lazy @ Jul 12 2010, 02:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341155
That kit looks great! If you or anyone else ends up getting this, could you please share your thoughts (and pictures!) about how it is?

By the way, what navi system were you thinking about getting for the screen?

I'm thinking either Pioneer or Alpine, the thing is I just need to have the full screen because I basically gonna waste all the other goodies, I'm planning on keeping the original stereo, the bluetooth phone and audio convince me to do that !! :clap:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts