Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it'd be a good idea to start a thread giving our love for the Hyundai i10.

I read on a recent forum recently about all the problems the i10 has, and a link to this site. This is a great site for posting all your little problems, but can give people the wrong idea. I've noticed lots of users disappear after their i10 was delivered (so are probably 100% trouble free). I stay a member just to keep up to date with any news, and to increase my knowledge of the car.

So, lets have a thread saying whats really great about the i10 - for all those potential new owners who drop by, and to pat ourselves on the back for buying such a super car!

I love the i10 because...in the summer it looks really cool with my sunroof and spoiler, and when I went to get even cooler, I shut the sunroof and switch on the air con. I love my alloys. I love being able to park in small spaces. I love it takes 5 minutes to clean all the inside too! I love that the boot fits in my gym bag, my footy kit, squash rackets and swimming gear. I love the red colour (why do people say small red cars are like Noddy's car - he had a yellow car!)....and lastly I love looking at Fords and Vauxhals etc and knowing I paid almost 1/3 of what they did!

Share your love for the i10 everyone....xxx

·
Registered
29 Posts
Where else can you get 4 doors and air conditioning for that price? This was the biggest factor for me.

The red looks great. Take a look at the other cars next time you're out on the motorway. Look how drab they seem. The i10 red is bright, cheery and stands out so much from the crowd.

Taking away any of the annoying squeeks and things that we do appear to have more than our fair share of, the little car is a dream to drive. The visibility through all that glass which also makes it bright and airy inside, the nippyness (well for my standards anyway), the easy smooth gearbox.

As long as no major fault appears, I can live with the little niggles.

I absolutely love the car to bits!

I have been thinking the very same thing as you stupet11, with regard to why most posts are regarding problems and faults.
If you dont have a problem with the car, then you dont tend to post on a forum, and it does leave a very negative peception of the car from the point of view of an outsider.

A percentage of problems you read about on this forum are made vastly worse by unhelpful dealerships and poor aftersales service. This again reflects badly on the car itself. If buying a new i10, it is essential you find a good dealer, with plenty of recommendations.

As to the car itself, for the money - its a cracker!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes - 4 days! We use it more as out family car than our 09 picasso - certainly around town.

I love red anyway - but yes, every other car you see is a shade between black-grey-blue. Red cars are about 1 in 10.

This forum is excellant for what it does - but I think there should be a thread every now and then showing up all the good points.

And for the record, I haven't had a single niggle in my two i10's (comfort and style).

Come on peeps - tell us why you lurve your i10..........

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (stupet11 @ Apr 27 2010, 04:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317286
Yes - 4 days! We use it more as out family car than our 09 picasso - certainly around town.

I love red anyway - but yes, every other car you see is a shade between black-grey-blue. Red cars are about 1 in 10.

This forum is excellant for what it does - but I think there should be a thread every now and then showing up all the good points.

And for the record, I haven't had a single niggle in my two i10's (comfort and style). Come on peeps - tell us why you lurve your i10..........

+1 on the above (highlighted in red).

I know i've said this before on another thread, but hey I love my i10 :banana: .
When I was looking to do the scrappage deal I had a few certain criteria...... 4 doors, 5 seatbelts, low road tax, low insurance, good mpg (I know this one's debateable, but it's far better than what I was getting)....... and cheap! I used the filter on the autotrader site and the i10 popped up! I can't believe I got air-con, leccy windows all round, alloys, leccy mirrors and more all for my old Sierra and £5.5k

Oh, and have I said that I love my i10 Style!

If they (Hyundai) do some kind of 'Happy returns' deal again......... and even if they don't....... I'll definitely look for another Hyundai :grin:

·
Registered
163 Posts
I like mine i10 because of the radio, cd player, mp3 player (now maybe that is a surprise to some).
Just bought an mp3 player and put all my 60s music on it well 4gb worth.
Had a 17 year old Clio that you had to keep retuning every 20 miles.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I love my i10 because my dealer gives such exceptional customer service, nothing is too much trouble............I wish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I love my i10 because almost everytime I drive it there is at least 1 numpty in a Ford or Vauxhall who assumes that it is a little toy car and tries to jump in front of me from the wrong lane at a roundabout or traffic lights as we pull away only to be left looking shocked as I sail past :D everyone under estimates just how quick it is :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Come on people!

158 views and only 7 posts!!!

Surely everyone has somethign good to say about their i10!

Don't be shy...don't be negative...big up your i10

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love my i10 because i own it for 3 weeks now and there are no problems.
The fuel consumtion is:On 1 litre of petrol i can drive 16 kilometrers,

·
Registered
28 Posts
I liked it cause no one else has it....at least here where i live. But the scratch on the left side is really bugging me but I don´t have money to fix it right now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love it because if you press the red button hidden underneath the steering column the car rises 20 feet in the air just like a Harrier Jump Jet so you can beat the queues.
Sorry - just a fantasy there...
Back down to earth:
The real reason is where else can you get this much car (hold your hands wide apart), for this much money (hold your fingers close together).
M

·
Registered
168 Posts
SWMBO and I chortle every time we drive into or out of our parking slot in the underground garage of our building and weave effortlessly in and out of the forest of concrete columns that bear the contact scars of the larger cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I love my i10 because today my favourite footballteam FC TWENTE with head coach STEVE MCLAREN has become champion :trophy: of The Netherlands :banana: :banana: :banana:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I think that the i10 is very good value and the 1.2 engine is a little gem.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Longshot @ May 3 2010, 04:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=319029
I love my i10 because of the magnificent "clutch judder feature" which gives everyone the impression that I cant drive.
I love Hyundai because after all this time a modern car manufacturer don't seem to be able to make something as simple as a clutch.
I love the 5 year warranty which excludes the clutch.
Not the point of this thread mate - post that elsewhere please.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I HAVE HAD MY I10 SINCE SEPTEMBER 09 GREAT LITTLE MOTOR FOR THE PRICE THE ONLY FAULT I HAVE HAD WHEN I PUT THE BACK SEAT DOWN AND THE LITTLE PINNICLE ON THE BELT WENT BACK INTO THE REEL HOLDER.MY SON ALSO LIKES IT AFTER TAKING DELIVERY AND DRIVING FOR ABOUT 10 MILES HE PUT THE L PLATES ON IT AND TOOK OVER, NOW DONE APPROX 6500 MILES I STILL LOVE IT IN FACT 2 MORE WORK MATES HAVE BOUGHT ONE .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
QUOTE (peter randall @ May 6 2010, 08:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=320269
I HAVE HAD MY I10 SINCE SEPTEMBER 09 GREAT LITTLE MOTOR FOR THE PRICE THE ONLY FAULT I HAVE HAD WHEN I PUT THE BACK SEAT DOWN AND THE LITTLE PINNICLE ON THE BELT WENT BACK INTO THE REEL HOLDER.MY SON ALSO LIKES IT AFTER TAKING DELIVERY AND DRIVING FOR ABOUT 10 MILES HE PUT THE L PLATES ON IT AND TOOK OVER, NOW DONE APPROX 6500 MILES I STILL LOVE IT IN FACT 2 MORE WORK MATES HAVE BOUGHT ONE .
Hi and :00000732: to the forums :grin:
Glad you like your i10, you're right it is a great little motor.

Please don't use all capitals when posting (it's the equivalent of shouting) :whistling: Also, I'm not sure what the attachment is meant to be, but a lot of people won't open unknown attachments for safety/security reasons (ie viruses).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts