Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,
I bought the car in 2014 in Melbourne area (200,000km on the clock at the time); today it has passed the 300,000 mark thabks to regular servicing. I'm impressed by the fuel economy: 8-9 L per 100km mix drive urban/rural
The car is stock. No mods added. I have noted that in round abouts and hilly raods, the car sways a lot, i guess the suspensions are on their way out?...
Any suggestions here?
Thanks hyundai community :)

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,105 Posts
Sorry, can't help with the suspension but could you maybe post a few pics of the car? I was a Hyundai tech back in the late 90's and really like the old Lantra estates. Unfortunately I don't think there are any still on the road here in the UK. Our constantly wet weather has killed them all.

I'm sure @Car guy would love to see her too. He's the forums RD guru.

If I helped you fix it, why not...

Your support is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sway bar is attached with this little 10cm link, which seems to be in good shape (on the right side) there is some movement on it but I think it’s normal. On the other hand, on the left side (next picture) the link doesn’t move at all it’s like frozen... could be the issue here. The car is a bit boatie in curves.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry, can't help with the suspension but could you maybe post a few pics of the car? I was a Hyundai tech back in the late 90's and really like the old Lantra estates. Unfortunately I don't think there are any still on the road here in the UK. Our constantly wet weather has killed them all.

I'm sure @Car guy would love to see her too. He's the forums RD guru.

Thanks mate ! I tried to publish here below some pictures.
Hyundais from the 90’s are cheap and straight forward. And I guess I have been lucky not to crash into anything, despite the spungy brakes...

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,105 Posts
Hyundais from the 90’s are cheap and straight forward.
Yeah, that's why I like the older ones. They've added too much over complicated electronic junk to the newer models. These newer models wont last as long as your old Lantra has. They'll be scrapped long before their time when some $2000 control module shits the bed.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I just pray that nobody will crash into me though... passive security is not great; no airbags!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts